Honored Contributor

Re: What is best long wearing nail enamel?

How long it lasts doesn't matter.  My nails grow very fast.  I need to redo each week because of new growth.

Honored Contributor

The only polish that last about 5 days for me is Essie Gel Couture polish, I do my nails myself and this polish is a god send. 5 days for me is phenomenal! I have never gotten near 2 weeks out of my nail polish. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

The best combination that works for me is Perfect Forumla gel coat as a base and top coat and Pro Strong Nail Enamel for the color.  Keeps my nails strong, healthy and holds up to chores, gardening, diy projects and everything else.

Honored Contributor

On artificial nails almost any polish will last.

I have natural nails and find the base and top coat are more important than the color polish. Some nail experts will tell you it's important to use the same brand for all three steps as some base and top coats clash with other brands.  I have not found this to be true.

I have a manicure every 2 weeks and a polish change in between.  I could never go longer than 10 days as my visible growth line is distracting.

Usually I use Nailtiques as a base and CND VINYLUX as a top coat. I have tons of polishes but have more ZOYA than anything else. (probably because they run tons of promos)