Contributor

What is a good texturizer for fine, limp hair?

Super Contributor

Re: What is a good texturizer for fine, limp hair?

Any Root Boost product will add texture if you spritz it lightly thoughout your hair. Root Boosters add a gritty texture which allow the hair follice to roughen up a bit leading to fuller hair. An excellent root booster that was recommended to me is Suave Root Booster and it is the best and easiest to use at any price point. Typically, you spritz it on your root area, rough massage it into your scalp/root area and blow dry as normal. If you also lighly spritz it throughout your hair, you'll get outstanding texture. Of course, when you gain texture, you lose shine and softness.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Respected Contributor

I have super fine, super thick hair.  I use sea salt spray to give my hair grip.  It also provides texture without weighing it down.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have fine, thin, limp hair and I found that a texturizing powder works great if I just want a root boost.  You can find them just about anywhere.  Sally's, Great Clips, Walmart, etc.

Also, if you want all over texture a good thing to try is a texture spray.  It's part dry shampoo and part hair spray.  I use one from Sally's beauty that works pretty good, but I think they discontinued it, so I am now trying one from Garnier.  It seems to work pretty well.  Just don't spray too much in one area or it will make your hair damp.

Edited to add: it's a dry texturing spray. If you google dry texturizing spray you will see a lot of different brands.

Frequent Contributor

I love Full Thickening Cream by Living Proof (at Sephora) it provides body boost and texturizes (is not a volumizer)

Also: L'Anza Healing Style Beach Spray

Respected Contributor

Hello, doxiedog and welcome. Smiley Happy

I haven't used this, but Nick Chavez makes a product called SoftFlocker and he says that's a good texturizer for the hair.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Let's try this again, really QVC! I like Nick Chavez Soft Flocker and tweak-s came out with a product called  2xl fiber lift dry volumizing  spray and it's fabulous.

Respected Contributor

The Wen finishing treatment cream or the Wen texture balm
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

Baker, who makes the 2x dry volumizing spray? Tweak-s, never heard of it. Can you give me more info please?
Trusted Contributor

Does sea alt make your hair dull?