Honored Contributor

Re: What is Everyone Buying During the Sephora (up to) 50% Memorial Sale?

@RooRoo 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo 

What I have found to be pretty darn accurate is knowing what I am when it comes to foundation colors.  I'm a light neutral.  The only foundation/skin tint I've had to return is the Urban Decay HydroManiac Skin Tint.  A shade darker was too dark and a shade lighter (both in the neutral family) didn't work.  I just think they didn't have my right shade.  And ordering from Sephora is very easy to return/replace.  Not as easy with Ulta.  Since the pandemic has made us buy our makeup online, I've decided I prefer this method.  I'm not in a hurry, I have no one pestering me and I don't feel the need to buy something because I've made the trip TO BUY SOMETHING.  Again, Sephora has made it a pleasure to do online shopping with Smiley Happy  And the free shipping on any order is very generous of them.

Super Contributor

@monicakm Totally agree!  Sephora makes it easy to return stuff.  I've been on a binge here lately and also ordered some things (body wash, a new brush, etc.) from Ulta & went back online the next day to see if it shipped, & low and behold, 2 things I ordered were on sale.  Tried to get customer service to price match since it hadnt shipped yet, and they would not do it!  Took me by surprise.  If something goes on sale here at the Q or at Nordstrom's or wherever, they will usually honor the new price within a reasonable time period.  Anyway, I reordered my "sale" things and will have to return the original order.  Good thing there's one nearby.  

Thanks for the birthday wishes !!  Grateful for my health this year, it was a good day.  BTW, wanted to tell you I also ordered The Ordinary Foundation you were talking about on another thread.  Covered the entire spectrum from Tom Ford to the Ordinary & the EL Double Wear in the middle (price wise) lol.  Cant wait to try my new goodies.  

Honored Contributor

I've been on this " binge" for over a year now Smiley Surprised  I promise that this last batch of orders is ALL.  I'm done.  Shame on all these cosmetic companies coming out with a record amt of products since last year.  They're to blame, right? Smiley Wink

My distaste for Ulta started from their sales staff years and years ago.  Super unfriendly and super unhelpful.  Sephora has always been the total opposite.  I've just recently made a few trips into Ulta because of convenience.  Ulta is a lot easier to get to than the Sephora inside JC Pennys in the mall (with a broke knee).  Now, I prefer to shop online but DO look forward to the day I can shop in-store if I choose.

Let us know how you like The Ordinary foundation.  Did you order the serum foundation or coverage foundation?  I still like TO's serum foundation but it get's shiny on me when my face gets sweaty.  It will have to be a cold weather foundation.  Tom Ford to The Ordinary.  I can't wait to read the results Smiley Happy