Respected Contributor

Re: What is Derma E Known For?

41syvoI05VL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

I like their Vitamin C Night Cream. It reminds me of the original Avon Anew I used to get until about 20 years ago when they introduced all types of variations and the original disappeared.

I got it at Walmart for about $22, which is competitive with other brands offering this type of product. There are quite a few products in this line. I'm so happy with the Vit C cream, I might try something else.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady - I see it has "Roobios" in it.  I had Roobios tea in South Africa and sometimes buy it from Amazon.  It's a great tea!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm not an intentional SPF user on a daily basis, even though some of my foundations or BB/CC creams contain it.  I believe some daily sun exposure is good, but I have a tube of the Derma E loose tinted SPF mineral powder for the occasional times when I'm gong to be outdoors for the day. Technically, SPF only continues to work when it's reapplied, as directed, every couple of hours throughout th day.  Who really does that?  Once, first thing in the morning, gives a false sense of security, IMO, for those who are relying on it, but the SPF moisturizer applied at 7AM is no longer protecting at noon.  The loose mineral powder is easy to keep in a purse or pocket to reapply as needed.

E2F3F624-7CAE-49AB-BF22-DB30437ACA49.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch - I'm assuming this is a translucent powder so it doesn't change or affect whatever makeup you have on?  I've often wondered how was I supposed to add sunscreen on later in the day if I'm wearing makeup!  This sounds like it might be a good alternative. Not sure how a powder can provide spf but willing to look into this one.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm not an intentional SPF user on a daily basis, even though some of my foundations or BB/CC creams contain it.  I believe some daily sun exposure is good, but I have a tube of the Derma E loose tinted SPF mineral powder for the occasional times when I'm gong to be outdoors for the day. Technically, SPF only continues to work when it's reapplied, as directed, every couple of hours throughout th day.  Who really does that?  Once, first thing in the morning, gives a false sense of security, IMO, for those who are relying on it, but the SPF moisturizer applied at 7AM is no longer protecting at noon.  The loose mineral powder is easy to keep in a purse or pocket to reapply as needed.

E2F3F624-7CAE-49AB-BF22-DB30437ACA49.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch - I'm assuming this is a translucent powder so it doesn't change or affect whatever makeup you have on?  I've often wondered how was I supposed to add sunscreen on later in the day if I'm wearing makeup!  This sounds like it might be a good alternative. Not sure how a powder can provide spf but willing to look into this one.

Correct, @JudyL   It doesn't give any real coverage.  Truth be told, it can look a little powdery at first, especially if you over apply, but it settles down and is an acceptable trade off, IMO, for the SPF when being outdoors for an extended period.