Regular Contributor

What happens to products used on air?

I am curious - when hosts use products like lipsticks or creams do you think it becomes theirs? I would like to think the hosts are given new products, and after they "demonstrate" them, they keep the product. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What happens to products used on air?

It’s not like I have inside info but I’d guess either they throw away open products (Covid) and/or they are allowed to take home unopened product.

Probably depends on what the owners of the products say to do with it.

Honored Contributor

Can not imagine anyone wanting say the tubs of argan body cream everyone is putting their fingers in🤮

Esteemed Contributor

n the past I believe it was the practice that the models and hosts got to keep beauty items like lipstick and mascara.  The jars of cream they could use to use again as on-air testers (we can't see how much is in the jar the model is working from).  However, I'm sure with the present health safety guidelines in place there is nothing other than a spray dispenser they can reuse. 

Honored Contributor

They get the names of all who post about it and ship the stuff to them. . . Woman Embarassed

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  -- Yikes! 😬 

I just cringe watching the hosts and models using lipsticks, creams, etc. I hope they're new products and no one else uses them. 

Valued Contributor

I worked for a cosmetic company for many years, with a new product launch or major store event we would sample the buyers as well as store staff with product.   It would be up to the retailer to decide if their employees could accept the product.    

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

I asked a question about this many years ago. It was during a Laura Geller TSV. I heard something said on air that made me wonder. One of the models indicated she didn't have "her" product. Someone got it for her. Back then someone answered me and said Laura gives the TSV to the models as her gift. The hosts have already received them so they could be familiar with the TSV during the presentation. IDK if that is exactly what happened, but I'd like to think so. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

ROTFL

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I asked a question about this many years ago. It was during a Laura Geller TSV. I heard something said on air that made me wonder. One of the models indicated she didn't have "her" product. Someone got it for her. Back then someone answered me and said Laura gives the TSV to the models as her gift. The hosts have already received them so they could be familiar with the TSV during the presentation. IDK if that is exactly what happened, but I'd like to think so. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom  ... I agree with you ... makes perfect sense 😊