Honored Contributor

I have been using Bare Mineral Bare Pro for well over 1 month. 

I really love BE Bare Pro foundation.  Last week I noticed one small pimple on my nose (very tiny small), I thought OK, it would go away, which it never did. Today I had 2 more small pimples (small tiny bumps).  

I stopped using BE Bare Pro today and went back to my BE loose powder make up foundation.  My small bumps have almost disappeared.

I wash my brushes weekly with brush cleaning soap

Wonder what I have a sensitivity to in the Bare Pro foundation.  I really liked that foundation too.

Respected Contributor

You need to read their labels carefully! I found parabens in one of the most well-liked product...Mineral Veil! I thought they only used minerals! I didn't know parabens were minerals!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

It's possible the foundation and the bumps were unrelated. I've had foundations I've stopped using because I thought they were breaking me out and later I tried them again with no problems and loved them.

You can ditch it now, but if you liked it well enough for a month, I'd say try it again and if you react the same way. Correlation is not causation and all that.

Regular Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

You need to read their labels carefully! I found parabens in one of the most well-liked product...Mineral Veil! I thought they only used minerals! I didn't know parabens were minerals!

Wow, that's good to know.  Didn't Leslie used to swear (back in the day) that BE products were 100% pure and didn't contain any of that yucky stuff??

Valued Contributor

@Kat 213 wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

Wow, that's good to know.  Didn't Leslie used to swear (back in the day) that BE products were 100% pure and didn't contain any of that yucky stuff??

@Kat 213, yes, Leslie did say that, but she sold the company to Shiseido.  Not her call any longer.

Regular Contributor

@Brooklynny, good point.  I had forgotten about the sale of the company.

Honored Contributor
Interestingly, IT Celebration Foundation, Doesn't contain parbens I'm unable to tolerate. This past summer experienced allergies drastic change which has effected a lot. Yes! Doctor tested me. Trial and error now. Planning on watching BE TSV, If I like what I see ordering.
Trusted Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

@Kat 213 wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

@Kat 213, yes, Leslie did say that, but she sold the company to Shiseido.  Not her call any longer.

Yes, and Leslie swore BE had no talc.  The very first ingredient in BarePro is, you guessed it, talc!  She sold the company and they sold out! Talc and chemicals 

Btw, their token deep shades are ash grey, not even close to a real skin tone, just dark.  Insulting.