Respected Contributor

What happened to the lady that used to post "Nail of the Week" threads?

There used to be a lady that posted here and she would post a Nail of the Week thread. She would show her lovely nails and how she had painted them with different colors, designs and patterns. But I haven't seen her threads in a while. Is she all right?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Re: What happened to the lady that used to post ""Nail of the Week"" threads?

I wonder too! I enjoyed her posts! Let's pray that she comes back!

Honored Contributor

Whateverlolawants. She hasn't posted NOTW in a while, but looks to be posting now and again on other threads.
Honored Contributor

I've been thinking the same thing!

Saw a cool video for 'newspaper' nails. Polish w/ an opaque light color (grey, tan) & dry completely. Dip dried nails into rubbing alcohol for 5 seconds. Place newspaper on top of nails & press. Seal with top coat. The result is newspaper type, backwards. Not my cup of tea, but kinda cool if you're a reader.

Super Contributor

Lola posts once a week on pinterest under WLW she also post here once a month.
Respected Contributor

I think Lola went to doing a monthly thread. I believe she does Pinterest on a regular basis.
Super Contributor

Hi girls! Thanks, NCBandwagon, for the nice shout-out, and for missing my NOTW posts! As txrose and makeupaddict said, I do post my weekly mani's mostly on Pinterest now, but I'll put my Easter mani up for you in a NOTW this Saturday, OK? Sidsmom, I've seen that newsprint technique and liked it enough to purchase several stamping plates with script images so I can switch up the colors and styles. Sally Hansen also had a nice "Love" script nail wrap (stick-on) out that I once bought, don't know if it's been discontinued, although those are not my favorite type of nail art. Tigriss, I've been reading that you're still struggling with your nails. Keep up the TLC, and hopefully as the weather warms up, you'll start seeing results. See y'all this weekend!

Lola
Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 WhateverLolaWants said:

Hi girls! Thanks, NCBandwagon, for the nice shout-out, and for missing my NOTW posts! As txrose and makeupaddict said, I do post my weekly mani's mostly on Pinterest now, but I'll put my Easter mani up for you in a NOTW this Saturday, OK? Sidsmom, I've seen that newsprint technique and liked it enough to purchase several stamping plates with script images so I can switch up the colors and styles. Sally Hansen also had a nice "Love" script nail wrap (stick-on) out that I once bought, don't know if it's been discontinued, although those are not my favorite type of nail art. Tigriss, I've been reading that you're still struggling with your nails. Keep up the TLC, and hopefully as the weather warms up, you'll start seeing results. See y'all this weekend!

I'm glad you're all right. Thank you and thanks to everyone else for letting people know that WhateverLolaWants was okay.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Lola, I too am so glad you are doing well and you may have just provided the tipping point for me to sign up for Pinterest so I can see your creations. I was able to view your pedicure with the sunflowers, gorgeous! Reminds me of a Georgia O'Keeffe reproduction I have with sunflowers and brings me back to my younger days when my nail polish ruled what I was wearing . . . many years ago . . . . Wink

Respected Contributor

I remember her too. She hasn't posted in quite a while. I enjoyed seeing her nail art, I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so I ways like seeing what other people dream up.