Super Contributor

Re: What happened to the hired female Wen Rep?

She's usually only on during the middle of the night, or when Chaz can't be. I haven't been very impressed with her either, but I've only seen her a couple of times when Chaz introduced her. I wasn't really convinced by her either, but I already love Wen so it's not an issue on whether or not I'll buy when she's on, it's whether or not I need something (well I'd like to say that's the only time I'll buy...)

Honored Contributor

If I'm buying a product because of the vendor's personality or looks, I'm probably buying the wrong product. There are vendors or reps I like to watch, but from whom I'm unlikely ever to order even one item.

As for Chaz and his assistant, replacement, whatever you consider her - everyone needs to learn, needs to be competent to start and then improve. To expect someone else to be Chaz or even to present exactly the way Chaz does makes no sense to me.

Then again, I can't stand to watch Chaz a whole lot. Never could from the start. However, I do like the product and that's why I buy and use WEN.

Contributor

On 3/18/2015 ginabfly said:

She's usually only on during the middle of the night, or when Chaz can't be. I haven't been very impressed with her either, but I've only seen her a couple of times when Chaz introduced her. I wasn't really convinced by her either, but I already love Wen so it's not an issue on whether or not I'll buy when she's on, it's whether or not I need something (well I'd like to say that's the only time I'll buy...)

I am sold on WEN also. However, I won't make a purchase when she is on air. I wait until Chaz is on air, so he gets the credit. I view my little WEN purchases, of a few hundred dollars a year, as a vote to keep bringing Chaz back for on air presentations...sales speak volumes at the Q. I always seem to learn something new about a WEN product that I thought I was very familiar with when watching Chaz--or am tempted to give yet another WEN product a try. LOL Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

I agree I learn something new, or learn something again when watching Chaz.

It's true we shouldn't buy something soley based on the sales person, but that is what they're hired for, and some sales people are much more convincing that others! Chaz is more "believable" because they're his products, and he's excited to teach us and tell us the benefits of the products, at least that's what I get from him when watching.

I could sort of care less that Gina came from a long line of hair dressers, if they haven't used Wen for all those years then it's not a selling point, for me. Not trying to put her down, just saying!

Super Contributor

I also agree that before using Wen, I really didn't like watching the shows or Chaz. I wasn't sold on the products until I decided my hair really needed help and I came here to learn more info on what to use, how to use them, etc etc. After much help from fellow Wenners, I now love watching shows, and love watching Chaz. It took awhile for my hair to catch up, but now it's much healthier, and my pony tail is thicker, that's one thing I really notice. I'm sold. I just wish my wallet would catch up.

Trusted Contributor

I like Gina. I've met/interacted with her 3 times and each time she was sweet as can be...hard to imagine her being rude/snappy or yelling on air. I think she offers a different perspective on using wen...she's not a professional hair stylist....she's like the everyday person who found a product she loves, uses and wants to share her experience with others. Often times Gina does her own blow outs which look fantastic IMO. I think doing her blowouts herself is huge selling point...how many times do we see posts/rants about "...the models are styled by a professional..."??

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 bruingirl said:

I like Gina. I've met/interacted with her 3 times and each time she was sweet as can be...hard to imagine her being rude/snappy or yelling on air. I think she offers a different perspective on using wen...she's not a professional hair stylist....she's like the everyday person who found a product she loves, uses and wants to share her experience with others. Often times Gina does her own blow outs which look fantastic IMO. I think doing her blowouts herself is huge selling point...how many times do we see posts/rants about "...the models are styled by a professional..."??

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} ya know, you just will never please everyone!

I could also easily demo WEN and show how my hair looks as good as the models and *gasp* yes I do my own hair. no Chaz following me around styling my hair yet I have shiny, bouncy, model hair! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Regular Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Q _ Shopper said:

I am sold on WEN also. However, I won't make a purchase when she is on air. I wait until Chaz is on air, so he gets the credit. I view my little WEN purchases, of a few hundred dollars a year, as a vote to keep bringing Chaz back for on air presentations...sales speak volumes at the Q. I always seem to learn something new about a WEN product that I thought I was very familiar with when watching Chaz--or am tempted to give yet another WEN product a try. LOL Smiley Wink

If it's a smokin' deal, I'd buy it from Chaz, Gina, or Dan Hughes.......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 clangle said:
On 3/18/2015 Q _ Shopper said:

If it's a smokin' deal, I'd buy it from Chaz, Gina, or Dan Hughes.......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I know, wow never heard of someone not buying something they want because of who is presenting it, even if you could save a bunch of money? Just seems silly.

Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Q _ Shopper said: There is something I never liked about her from the get go, but I couldn't put my finger on it. One of her last visits confirmed that she is not the right fit for WEN's QVC on air presentations. I was appalled when I saw her during 2 different shows be rude/snappish/condescending to 2 different QVC hosts. Hosts cannot know every little detail about every WEN product...but there is a professional way to correct/clarify a host's innocent faux pas. No need to be rude/snappish/yell...where the heck were the producers? I'm not a big fan of Lisa Robertson...but that woman could sell WEN just as well as Chaz Dean. SHE should be the fill-in WEN girl when Chaz is away. (Although based on issues surrounding her experience working at QVC, I doubt that will ever happen.)

sorry that is a Philly accent that you are thinking is being rude. Gina was a former broadcaster here in the Philly area and is handling herself the same way - professional.

ANd like Bruingirl, I have met her also at a Q event and she was the sweetest young lady I have met in awhile! Was just so gracious to all of us!

#IamTeamWen