Valued Contributor

What happened to all the Laser Hair Removal Devices?

I don't see any on QVC's website?

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to all the Laser Hair Removal Devices?

wrote:

I don't see any on QVC's website?

@highmaintenancejan  As w/ other products that are no longer seen, they probably sell well...expense, time and commitment. They got on the depilatory kick instead.

Esteemed Contributor

There might have been a problem. I was told that the color of the hair made it effective or less effective. The device did not work on white or grey hair (as I understand it).  

Honored Contributor

There is a device called Iluminage sold here. It works by IPL and RF combined to eliminate hair on all skin and hair colors. I own one called Me Chic which is made by the same company and is sold on Evine for about the same price. I have had very good results with this device and no longer have to shave or epilate.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There is a device called Iluminage sold here. It works by IPL and RF combined to eliminate hair on all skin and hair colors. I own one called Me Chic which is made by the same company and is sold on Evine for about the same price. I have had very good results with this device and no longer have to shave or epilate.

So this works on coarse chin hairs too?  That is the only place I would need it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I use the same device and have had very good success for the most part.  Admittedly, I slipped off my schedule so I still have a few random facial hairs here and there.  I bought a Flawless Finish shaver to take on our upcoming cruise, but will get back on track with the Me Chic when I return.  It really is an excellent product. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:
@SilleeMee wrote:

So this works on coarse chin hairs too?  That is the only place I would need it.

The thicker, darker hairs seem to be the ones it works best on. You need to shave, do not epilate, before using a device like this. Once weekly for roughly two to three months on schedule. If you miss a week, no big deal but missing a week will set your goal back by two weeks. @ Montana

Respected Contributor

The thicker, darker hairs seem to be the ones it works best on. You need to shave, do not epilate, before using a device like this. Once weekly for roughly two to three months on schedule. If you miss a week, no big deal but missing a week will set your goal back by two weeks. @ Montana

@SilleeMee, Most of my chin hairs are white.  So this wouldn’t work for me?

Honored Contributor

@ Montana,

This might not work on white hair and this product states it will work on blond hair. One time I heard the Iluminage rep say they had not officially tested on white hair and that they couldn't say it would get rid of white hair, technically. She went on further to say some people have had luck with white hair removal but they could not state that on their product description for lack of testing. I had some very light-gray, almost white hairs in my underarm area and the Me Chic got rid of them. So all I can say is try it. YOU HAVE A 90-DAY RETURN POLICY here with the Iluminage.Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I use the same device and have had very good success for the most part.  Admittedly, I slipped off my schedule so I still have a few random facial hairs here and there.  I bought a Flawless Finish shaver to take on our upcoming cruise, but will get back on track with the Me Chic when I return.  It really is an excellent product. 

So why do you like this over Illuminage?