Honored Contributor

Mindy D mentioned on another thread about a Podcast that included Estee Lauder.  Since they bought Ojon I'm wondering what happened to that line?  I used to use their pure nut oil restorative product and I've never found a replacement.  My hair gets dryer by the year as the grey creeps in.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Mindy D mentioned on another thread about a Podcast that included Estee Lauder.  Since they bought Ojon I'm wondering what happened to that line?  I used to use their pure nut oil restorative product and I've never found a replacement.  My hair gets dryer by the year as the grey creeps in.  

@depglass   Yes, they were purchased by EL after Dennis (Tweak'd) and his wife divorced. It was avail. at my Origin's stores for quite awhile (also owned by EL). The Tweak'd line is very similar. There's still a nut oil type deep conditioner, but I find it not moisturizing enough. I'm a drugstore Shea Moisturizer deep conditioner gal. 

Honored Contributor

Is Shea Moisturizer the brand or is that a generic term?

Respected Contributor

Re: What happened to Ojon?

[ Edited ]

I still miss his Tawaka line...my thick, coarse, wavy, long hair (yes, with some, albeit colored, gray), did really well with that shampoo/conditioner.

And...testament to how long those SUPER sizes LAST....I ran out of the shampoo years ago, but I still have about 2 oz. left of the conditioner, I use with other shampoos occasionally. 

I think I did see it once on Amazon a few years ago...but was not sure it'd be the same.

Another shampoo I'm SO sorry to see be discontinued was the Lea Journeau QVC and others used to carry. Bar none...BEST shampoo/conditioner results on my hair, ever. Silky, with body, clean, shiny results.  I Googled around...the old version no longer exists...but they've "rebranded, for what looks like the Hollywood set now, a whole new glam website, redesigned packaging and logo, more modern/cutting edge. I think it was a 16 oz bottle of shampoo...$125.00!! Clearly I'm no longer their "target market."  So...another one bites the dust for me. I guess it really WAS liquid gold. 😏

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Is Shea Moisturizer the brand or is that a generic term?

@depglass   Sorry I wasn't clear. Shea Moisture is the brand name. Besides the deep condtioners, they also have great moisturizing shampoos and conditioners.

Honored Contributor

I will try both Walgreen's and Walmart.  Walmart has been out of a lot of stuff lately, so I'm betting on Walgreen's.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

I still miss his Tawaka line...my thick, coarse, wavy, long hair (yes, with some, albeit colored, gray), did really well with that shampoo/conditioner.

And...testament to how long those SUPER sizes LAST....I ran out of the shampoo years ago, but I still have about 2 oz. left of the conditioner, I use with other shampoos occasionally. 

I think I did see it once on Amazon a few years ago...but was not sure it'd be the same.

Another shampoo I'm SO sorry to see be discontinued was the Lea Journeau QVC and others used to carry. Bar none...BEST shampoo/conditioner results on my hair, ever. Silky, with body, clean, shiny results.  I Googled around...the old version no longer exists...but they've "rebranded, for what looks like the Hollywood set now, a whole new glam website, redesigned packaging and logo, more modern/cutting edge. I think it was a 16 oz bottle of shampoo...$125.00!! Clearly I'm no longer their "target market."  So...another one bites the dust for me. I guess it really WAS liquid gold. 😏

I still have some Tawaka conditioner too.  I have fine hair but doule processed.  I never found it too heavy even for me.  I never used the original Ojon, got on the bandwagon a little late I guess.  It's probably all my fault it disappeared.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I will try both Walgreen's and Walmart.  Walmart has been out of a lot of stuff lately, so I'm betting on Walgreen's.

@depglass Target carries it.  I like their body oil.  I used their styling milk in the past but moved on from that.  Didn't care for the shampoo; never used their conditioner.

You can now purchase Tweaked by the founder of Ojon. The company was sold to Estee Lauder in 2007. I cannot find any details of the how's and why's of Estee Lauder discontinuing the line. I can tell you this: Ojon was a huge threat to many hair care companies. I was a hair stylist, salon owner (40 years) and hired expert in my field. I can share stories about Ojon that were nothing short of MAGIC. I had elderly clients lose 50% of their hair after surgery and with Ojon I could get them back to where they used to be (and then some) within 3 months. Serious miracles! If I had not witnessed it, I surely would not believe it. I have become callous to the BS associated in my field. There is no magic pill. I found that people want to buy something tot make them happy with themselves. If you don't love yourself, it cannot be bought! My inability to blow smoke up one's rear is what my client's came to love about me, along with some serious skill. I never had time to deal with the emperor's new clothes (so to speak). I hope this helps.