Honored Contributor

Re: What hair products would you say transformed your hair?

[ Edited ]

Without a doubt - WEN!  My natural curls were never as defined and frizz-free, without a lot of work, prior to WEN.  Now I can wash & go.  I do prefer to use my diffuser because it really amps up the volume vs. air drying.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Occasional Contributor

The Blowout Professor on YouTube gives the best information and advice on transforming your hair and he is easy on the eyes too lol. Not sponsored and right to the point. I have a cosmetology license and have learned a lot from his channel and am saving a lot of money not buying a multitude of products. Hair has never been healthier. 

Regular Contributor

Most definitely Wen cleansing conditioner particularly 613 and his treatment mists. I also use Olaplex number 6 to protect against frizz and I use Quai clarifying shampoo 2-3 times per month. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Still looking for my holy grails, but good haircolor and a perm have transformed it as much as anything.  Olaplex when I color the 1st time after a perm is amazing, and K18 hair mask has also done amazing things. I can't use it consecutively since I only shampoo once a week and it won't work if you use conditioner.

i'm seriously considering a perm or body wave, for my blah hair.

Respected Contributor

Redken Guts and Hot Sets, work for giving my hair a boost when i want a nice, finished look. Agree, Joan rivers root color, is the best.

Since, i retired, i really just blow dry and use perfector. Plus getting it colored, every 6 weeks.

Trusted Contributor

I can't be without R + CO products.  I use their Dallas line, which is the voumizing line.  

These are the products:

1.  thickening treatment (the salon does this one.  It's $10 and does add some texture)

2.  Root spray- on wet hair before dryinh

3.  Styling Mousse

4.  Shampoo and Conditioner

Esteemed Contributor

@jeepgirl wrote:

The Blowout Professor on YouTube gives the best information and advice on transforming your hair and he is easy on the eyes too lol. Not sponsored and right to the point. I have a cosmetology license and have learned a lot from his channel and am saving a lot of money not buying a multitude of products. Hair has never been healthier. 

@jeepgirl  Thanks for posting about Chris! He was new for me, and very informative! I'm not struggling too much these days, but I'm going to try a couple of his product suggestions.

Super Contributor

@SandGirl I have the same issue in my temples and I had the THICKEST hair growing up and until I hit my late 40s early 50s. It's hormonal. NO doubt my hair loss is from menopause. 

Honored Contributor

Nexxus frizz control cream.  Turquoise bottle.

Respected Contributor

Love hearing all of these, thank you for everyone for sharing, this has given me some good ideas on things to "try" Smiley Happy