Respected Contributor

Re: What full coverage foundation works for you?

Two lesser known ones that work great for full coverage and I've tried a lot of them out there.

Merle Norman Total Finish compact makeup. I use a Techniques foundation brush to apply.

The other is Illuminare concealing mineral foundation. I use the pink beauty blender sponge to apply this one.

I hardly need concealer with these, they're that good! Good colors also, not too yellow for me. More neutral.

Trusted Contributor

Estee Lauder Futurist (I have 61 year old dry skin).

Trusted Contributor

If you're interested in drugstore brands and not the prestige brands, I use Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup, which has more of a medium coverage, with Maybelline Dream Wonder powder on top, set with L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray. For me, the makeup setting spray is critical for eradicating the powdery finish of the Dream Wonder powder and gives a natural finish to the skin, kind of a glow, but not shiny/greasy looking.

The Maybelline Dream Wonder powder runs dark, fair warning, so buy it someplace that will allow exchange/return if the color is wrong. This powder can also work as a powder foundation if you can get the right color for your skin tone.

The Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup doesn't seem to have that plastic-like finish that Estee Lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay liquid (for combo/oily skin) have and is more forgiving during application in terms of smoothing it out evenly.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 birkin baby said: Estee Lauder Double Wear.

^^^^

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

There was a recent post about Drew Barrymore's line, "Flower", available at Walmart. I haven't tried it but it has a lot of good reviews on the store's website.
Valued Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Lannie said:

Two lesser known ones that work great for full coverage and I've tried a lot of them out there.

Merle Norman Total Finish compact makeup. I use a Techniques foundation brush to apply.

The other is Illuminare concealing mineral foundation. I use the pink beauty blender sponge to apply this one.

I hardly need concealer with these, they're that good! Good colors also, not too yellow for me. More neutral.

I was a Merle Norman beauty consultant for twelve years. The Total Finish compact you mentioned is an excellent full coverage foundation. It is oil based but comes or did come with a sponge applicator. Use either that or a foundation brush or Merle Normans wedges are wonderful to apply a perfect finish as well. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You can use It Bye Bye Redness as a full coverage foundation. It really does cover up redness & everything else.

Frequent Contributor

I really like the Laura Mercier moisture supreme foundation. Full coverage, but when applied with the foam sponge applicator LM sells, it is extremely natural and lovely. I love it.

Regular Contributor

BE Ready works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

You don't mention whether your complexion is dry or oily -- I'm older than you are with oily skin and rosacea. My fave for full coverage these days is the Rimmel Stay Matte. It covers everything and has a smooth, even finish. If you have dry skin, the Stay Matte might be too dry for you.

Runners up for me are CG's AquaSmooth compact foundation and Maybelline Dream Wonder liquid. Both are buildable if your complexion is having a bad day.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt