Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,173
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: What face cream do you use?


@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@nougat wrote:

There are SO MANY face/wrinkle creams out there and new ones every day!

what do you use and see results?

anyone use the No. 7 that Dr. Oz swears by??

just too many to know what to choose.

I have tried several from QVC and HSN.

WHAT WORKS ?


@nougat  I personally don't feel a face cream alone is all one can do and expect marked results.  Rather, it's a combination of cleansing, facial massage, correct serums, moisturizer, SPF, exfoliating, encouraging cell turnover, masking, proper diet, water consumption, sleep.  Yeah, that's a lot, but results are dependant on how much a person wants to invest both in time, money, and product selection.  I can tell you that my sisters share the same DNA and our complexions are entirely different.  I do a lot skincare wise and they do very little to nothing.  It shows.  To answer you specifically, I like a lighter weight moisturizer in the daytime.  I've been using Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion for several years - I order it on Amazon.  At night I'm using Skinn Pep 40 Creme Riche - ordered on an Evine TTV price and put on subscription.  


@JeanLouiseFinch  You know I agree 100%. Depending on your skin type, (sensitive skin can’t handle a lot of exfoliation & manipulation), it’s not just the products, but the time spent on skincare....If I had to choose between my 15 minutes of skincare & 15 minutes of makeup...no contest. The makeup would get tossed. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,173
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: What face cream do you use?


@nougat wrote:

There are SO MANY face/wrinkle creams out there and new ones every day!

what do you use and see results?

anyone use the No. 7 that Dr. Oz swears by??

just too many to know what to choose.

I have tried several from QVC and HSN.

WHAT WORKS ?


 

 

@nougat  What works for others may not be the HG for you. Try to find samples or smallest sizes avail. to try and give the product 6 wks. unless you experience adverse affects.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,550
Registered: ‎03-10-2013

Re: What face cream do you use?

I use Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizer and Moisture Surge daily.  I’ve used the No. 7 serum which I loved and the cost is about $30.

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,133
Registered: ‎01-13-2012

Re: What face cream do you use?

Try to keep it simple...

Purity to remove makeup and INDE goat soap in morning. (i use a Clarisonic a few times a week)

Josie Maran Argon milk and or oil for my face, neck and eye area.  

That's it.

If I am outdoors then I use her SPF daily moisturizer.  It contains zinc oxide which my derma said you must have to be effective.

 

So nice to keep it simple!!

Super Contributor
Posts: 276
Registered: ‎03-12-2018

Re: What face cream do you use?

@OKPrincess

 

if you loved #7 what made you switch to Clinique?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,992
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What face cream do you use?

What works for some may not work for you.  Good luck!

 

I use a Vitamin C serum in the morning, Retinol cream at night, firming cream on my neck morning and night.  Drugstore brands - nothin' fancy.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,791
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: What face cream do you use?

For me it's Retin-A cream, sunscreen and sometimes I need a little more hydration so I started using chia seed oil Heart(omg)...one drop of this stuff is all I need and my skin is transformed to a soft, radiant complexion...just wonderful.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,711
Registered: ‎09-27-2010

Re: What face cream do you use?


@SilleeMee wrote:

For me it's Retin-A cream, sunscreen and sometimes I need a little more hydration so I started using chia seed oil Heart(omg)...one drop of this stuff is all I need and my skin is transformed to a soft, radiant complexion...just wonderful.Woman Happy


@SilleeMee Have you tried cacay oil? A lot of people are raving about it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,791
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: What face cream do you use?


@Texasmouse wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

For me it's Retin-A cream, sunscreen and sometimes I need a little more hydration so I started using chia seed oil Heart(omg)...one drop of this stuff is all I need and my skin is transformed to a soft, radiant complexion...just wonderful.Woman Happy


@SilleeMee Have you tried cacay oil? A lot of people are raving about it.


 

 

@Texasmouse no, I haven't even heard about that oil.  I'll have to do some reading. Have you tried it yet?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,579
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What face cream do you use?

@nougat@SilleeMee@Texasmouse@tototwo@bargainsgirl

 

Just received my cream, LaRoche-Posay eye cream with retinol.

My skin tolerates it!

This replaces a retinol around the eye cream that I used a “pinch” of every day for 10 years! Ran out and it has been d/c’d. My lids look gross now having been without it for 7 years.

Starting over!

PS I have luck with nearly all L-P creams.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~