Honored Contributor

Re: What eye shadow color can I use to brighten my eyes?

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

I know primers can come in different skin tone colors.  I think you can also get them in other colors as a base to boost like eyeshadow colors but they aren't e/s.  The OP wanted to know what color e/s she could use to brighten her eyes.  I would reply a shimmery champagne or shimmery pink, if, like someone else pointed out, she didn't have redness issues with her eyes.

@monicakm   Eyeshadow sticks can be used as a base, too. Without a primer, unless your eyes/lids are smoothe as silk, layering shadows can be problematic. Some women perfer matte over shimmer. These are just suggestions to the OP. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus I'm interested in finding a nude colored eye pencil but all I can find is white and I am not using that!   Can you suggest where I might find a nude eye pencil?  Thanks!

@JudyL   I get mine at Sephora, but most likely on their site, too. It's called TARTE Inner Rim Liner in a beigey/pink roll up pencil. 

@Shanus - thank you!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL   Loreal and Essence, maybe Maybelline, have nude eyeliner pencils.  Sometimes they're named vanilla or beige, not nude. I'm sure you'll find even more brands at Ulta or Sephora. 

Eta-  I bought an Essence one at CVS.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you!  So, do you just put a dot of it in the spot and let it dry and then apply your moisturizer, etc.?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Good information!  I was wondering about that tube mascara --- and it actually comes off easier?  That sound great!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

If you have aging eyes and are deep I would go with a light color with a satin finish or a very light shimmer like a cream color. This color looks great in everyone brings out the eye so it doesn't look so deep. I would stay away from anything that is a dark color as it will just makes eyes appear deeper.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL  Rimmel has a nude eyelid retractable pencil which is a dupe for Tarte's. I had Tarte & switched to Rimmel. I bought it a Walgreens.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  UD discontinue my favorite shimmer cool pink which I love. The shade is SCRATCH...I also love FREELOVE which is a gorgeous peach. Not sure if that is discontinued. I had backups of both so I still have alot left & use sparingly.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

In case you want more, there are lots of both colors for sale on eBay.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Yep, tubular mascara slides right off the lashes. I have a client w/ "dry eyes" who cannot use eye makeup removers. She now uses that mascara and loves the ease of taking it off.