Honored Contributor

Re: What eye shadow color can I use to brighten my eyes?

@Shanus - Sorry I couldn't finish my post yesterday. I hadn't been here long and was typing to you when I got a phone call I had to take care of. Thank goodness everything turned out well!

Anyway, I will definitely stick to your advice and continue tight lining just  my upper lid, and leave my lower lid alone! In the summer I play with colors more, like teal, bronze, and bright green. Year round I rely on plum, navy, and brown. I've never used black, even when I was young. I was born with hooded eyes, thanks to my dad! Even when we were all playing with liner in high school, it never showed up on me! I used brown mascara for years because of my blonde hair. It was harder and harder to find, but Lancôme used to make it in Definicils. I haven't used it for years. One year Dior made Tiger's Eye colored mascara. I loved it! But they only made it one summer. 

I have a nude liner someplace, and I've never had or used white. I'll try your recommendation for that! 

And I'll keep using my regular eyelid primer. It does a good job of keeping my shadow on.

I had full makeup on yesterday. I wore peach in my crease again!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   Nothing like full-on makeup to make the day! Sounds like you have everything under control and are enjoying doing your makeup. It's like painting to me. If you don't enjoy doing something, it's not worth the effort, right?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@beach-mom   Nothing like full-on makeup to make the day! Sounds like you have everything under control and are enjoying doing your makeup. It's like painting to me. If you don't enjoy doing something, it's not worth the effort, right?

@Shanus - Of course! I used to "play" more than I do these days, but even at the start of quarantine, I wore full makeup twice a week. We were online right away. 

I'll keep watching out for more of your tips!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I needed a new mascara for my lower lashes (I wear false lashes).  Someone here or on another forum suggested No More Panda Eyes (or something similar).  It was a tubing mascara.  I didn't care for it.  It wouldn't give me volume.  And I couldn't build it up.  Came off easy tho and didn't transfer.  Gave it away and bought good ol' Loreal Voluminous.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama 

I saw an older woman on a news program the other day and her eyes looked stunning!  She had some kind of vanilla or ivory shadow on and then some bit of darker shade in the crease and she looked amazing!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin