Super Contributor

Re: What ever happened to white nail pencils?

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And look, a nail white pencil!! They have them at Sallys!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Nail-White-Pencil/SBS-129014,default,pd.html

Super Contributor

And here's the Sally Hansen pencil, at Ulta: (a little more pricey than the one at Sally Beauty). I think I saw these at Target or CVS also. May be cheaper there.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=1521&skuId=1781059&cmpid=PS_Non!google!...

Honored Contributor

hm, interesting, never heard of them. I mostly like to keep my nails natural so if this whitens the tips a little more, it would be nice. But does the white disappear when you wash your hands or is it water resistant? I don't like alot of fussing with my nails so this sounds ideal

Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 ennui1 said:
On 7/15/2014 chrystaltree said:

I'm 54 but I'm not familiar with such a product. I can't even figure out what it is. I often go with my natural nails and I've never needed anything to whiten the back of my nails. They are white enough all by themselves.

Are you aware of how you sound? Just wondering.

Many people who wear a lot of nail polish end up with yellowing in their natural nails.

Of course I'm aware of how I sound. I'm also aware of the fact that I never heard of the product that the OP asked about. Something that coats the underside of a nail. Which doesn't sound at all like something someone would use because their nails are discolored from wearing dark polish....and failing to apply a base coat first.

Respected Contributor

HSN has this kit if you are looking for a natural nail look It comes with a ""white"" under nail pencil. . RUBY CRYSTAL Ruby Crystal Nail Care Kit with Refill Pack and Nail Cream 357-329 $23.90 S&H: $3.95
Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 chrystaltree said:

I'm 54 but I'm not familiar with such a product. I can't even figure out what it is. I often go with my natural nails and I've never needed anything to whiten the back of my nails. They are white enough all by themselves.

I hadn't heard of it either and I wear my nails natural for the most part. I could be wrong but to me it sounds like it kind of gives you that "French manicure" look without all the fuss. I don't have yellowing or discolored nails at all but if I made the white part look whiter, it would kind of get a more polished look, like the French manicure as I said. Just a thought? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've been looking for a white nail pencil for YEARS. Used one many years ago and loved it. Thanks for so many helpful replies!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Super Contributor

I've been using the white pencil for years. Makes your natural nails cleaner looking. Yes, Walgreens has them on the wall with the other hanging nail products.