Honored Contributor

What dry shampoo do you use?

I haven't tried too many, but the brand I usually purchase is Suave.  It's inexpensive and seems work well on my non-shampoo days.  Can anyone recommend a brand to try?

Respected Contributor

Re: What dry shampoo do you use?

Batiste is good.  I also use the Grace fragranced ones.  But if you want inexpensive-Batiste or Not Your Mothers . . . (I can't remember the actual name of the brand, but it's close to that)

Honored Contributor

Not Your Mother's
Redken Pillow Proof
Batiste

I read once that trick to dry shampoo is to use it before going to bed.  It gives a better overall result rather than waiting until morning and needing to tackle excess oil production.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Can anyone recommend a brand to try?

OLD SCHOOL.....

Put an old stocking over a brush.  You would be amazed at all the dirt on the stocking after brushing your hair. Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

DryBar. Best I've EVER used.

Contributor

I just use cornstarch baby power.  Before you go to bed is best.  All of a sudden in my 50's, my hair has gotten greasy and I hate it.  Been a few years and it has't gone away even though my doctor said it was hormonal and would taper off.  Powder is cheaper and doesn't make my hair feel sticky.  My hair is white/blonde so it's fine for me.  

Honored Contributor

@hannah64 wrote:

I just use cornstarch baby power.  Before you go to bed is best.  All of a sudden in my 50's, my hair has gotten greasy and I hate it.  Been a few years and it has't gone away even though my doctor said it was hormonal and would taper off.  Powder is cheaper and doesn't make my hair feel sticky.  My hair is white/blonde so it's fine for me.  

@hannah64  Another good thing about no more dye. The dry shampoos usually have a really strong fragrance. Baby powder is perfect. I use the lightly lavender scented.

Honored Contributor

Dove, and it works.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I read once that trick to dry shampoo is to use it before going to bed.  It gives a better overall result rather than waiting until morning and needing to tackle excess oil production.  

I will definitely have to try this.  I've recently started not washing my hair every day as it's not quite as oily as it used to be.  However, I'm never as happy on day 2 even after using dry shampoo.  I've been thinking about going back to daily washing, but I'll see if this helps so I don't have to.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  How do you apply the baby powder to your hair without getting it all over the place??

Laura loves cats!