Honored Contributor

Re: What dry shampoo do you use?

@San Antonio Gal  Dry shampoo is excellent for oily hair.  My hair is normal and the dry shampoo can dry it out quickly so I hardly ever use it but I did buy Stila's dry shampoo but I don't believe they offer it any more.  Vanilla scented.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@lkat  I hear you!  I have crazy hair .... fine and curly, and it almost never looks as good on day two as on day one, and i don't think it ever looks better.  I live in a humid area, and walk in the the mornings.  Sometimes I wake up, and it looks okay.  Then I go out for my walk, and get home looking horrible!   The only exception is when I travel to a dry climate.  Then, day two hair can look exactly like day one hair (always blow-dried straight)!

Contributor

I have used many,  but the sprays always feel gross in my hair. Ouai has a mousse textured dry shampoo and I was not too sure how a mousse would be but I LOVE IT! Smells amazing as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

The ones from Philosophy - pun intended - a total washout!

Terrible!

From Martino - nothing! Smells really bad, to boot!

From Carol's Daughter - same!

The best "dry" shampoo I've used is simple aloe vera gel, topped off with a blast of the blow dryer.

Frequent Contributor

I bought some made by Garnier. It works well, but I don't like the scent at all. When I finish this can I will try the Batiste.  They have several scent options.

Respected Contributor

I like Amika's Perk Up Dry Shampoo, and they also have a Dry Conditioner.  I love the scent -- it smells nice, without being overpowering.  Sephora usually has a mini size for $10, but they're currently out of stock. 

I thought I liked Drybar's Detox Dry Shampoo, but the scent ended up giving me a huge headache!  Product seemed to work okay, though.  (They have two versions -- I tried the one in the green can, which now seems to be labled "lush scent.").

I've, also, tried Ouai's Dry Shampoo (not the foam, but their other one), and it made my hair feel really sticky.  It had a light rose scent, which wasn't bad. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I bought the philosophy amazing grace dry shampoo and it does nothing.  I think it might make it feel dirtier.  When my sister was in the hospital her hair was greasy and I took some brand I don't remember and it did nothing.  So far not found anything that works well.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I use Tresemme and it really does the job plus giving me oddles of volume