Respected Contributor

Re: What dry shampoo do you use?

@Mz iMac wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Can anyone recommend a brand to try?

OLD SCHOOL.....

Put an old stocking over a brush.  You would be amazed at all the dirt on the stocking after brushing your hair. Smiley Surprised

Wow, the last time I bought stockings was for a holiday party in 2003. 

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Wow, the last time I bought stockings was for a holiday party in 2003. 

Nylon Footsies works too! Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@lkat  ....  If you're thinking about washing every day, and your hair isn't that oily, try just conditioning on alternate days.  I will be easier on your hair!

Respected Contributor

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Unscented Refreshing Dry Shampoo - 7 oz - image 1 of 2

Trusted Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@lkat  ....  If you're thinking about washing every day, and your hair isn't that oily, try just conditioning on alternate days.  I will be easier on your hair!

I may have to do that if the dry shampoo at night trick doesn't work.  I've never understood the "2nd day hair is the best" that I've hard a lot of people say!  Probably is because my hair is fine and I'm a restless sleeper so I get very tangly, but I sometimes I feel I spend as much time getting 2nd day hair to look decent as I do when I have to wash, condition, dry and style and it still doesn't look as good!  I do use a gentle, sulfate free shampoo so my hair is in good condition and retains my highlights well.  I just would really like to not have to blow dry it every day!

Esteemed Contributor

I used this OGX stuff for the first time yesterday.  It gave my hair a white cast and made it feel crispy.  It smells nice (fragrance is kind of strong though, IMO).  I will use it up, but I'm not impressed.  So if you see it and think of trying it, I would say don't bother, because it's not that great.  Just thought I'd mention it, since you were asking about dry shampoo.

Image result for ogx coconut dry shampoo

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Batiste.  It's from the UK and when I was in Cork, Ireland I found it there in a large Boots drug store.  Priced much less than the US so I stocked up on travel sizes.

Valued Contributor

i just received Philosophy's 2 cans of Dry Shampoo. I got it in the scent Fresh Cream. It worked well but if you have arthritic hands it is a bit difficult to push the spray button. The scent is very slight. I have blonde hair.

Honored Contributor

I really don't like using those dry shampoo spray products. They make my hair feel yucky. I have an oily scalp so I need to use something. I use 'blotting paper' on my scalp...just part my hair in sections and blot, blot, blot. It's amazing just how much oil shows up on the paper. I heard about a nifty hack to save money on blotting papers. I buy a pack of those tissue papers that you use on toilet seats and just rip them up into smaller pieces. These make the best blotting papers and they are so cheap. I can go another couple days without having to shampoo when I blot the oil off my scalp. It works really well and it doesn't cost a lot.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

R n Co Death Valley.  It is the best.  You can buy it on the Nordstrom website or at salons.  I have never liked dry shampoos, but this one is really good.