Frequent Contributor

What do you use to treat/conceal puffy under eyes?

Most of my life I have worn thick glasses which I guess hid the very puffy circles under my eyes.  I recently had cataract surgery and no longer need glasses. I am 52 and people tell me I now look many years younger without glasses. The problem is now the puffy circles under the eyes are very noticeable. I have tried many concealers but they make the problem worse. My unfettered are not dark, just very puffy. Does any only else have this problem?  What do you use to treat/solve puffiness?  Have do you conceal the puffs?

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you use to treat/conceal puffy under eyes?

[ Edited ]

@Dash wrote:

Most of my life I have worn thick glasses which I guess hid the very puffy circles under my eyes.  I recently had cataract surgery and no longer need glasses. I am 52 and people tell me I now look many years younger without glasses. The problem is now the puffy circles under the eyes are very noticeable. I have tried many concealers but they make the problem worse. My unfettered are not dark, just very puffy. Does any only else have this problem?  What do you use to treat/solve puffiness?  Have do you conceal the puffs?

You need a product with the right ingredients intended to address the issue rather than try to cover it up.  Haloxyl is an ingredient that mainly concentrates on discoloration but also helps to firm and tone.  Eyeliss is a key ingredient for reducing puffiness and adding firmness.  I use Mad Hippie Eye Cream every morning.  It contains both of these ingredients.  When I stopped using it for a time, I noticed the puffiness returned so I got right back on it.  Skinn's HyLighten contains Haloxyl.

Honored Contributor

Skinn Hylighten is a very good product to try for your issues.

Honored Contributor

IT Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer in the tube.  A teeny bit goes a very long way and if you dab it in very lightly, it does the job for me.  I did try IT Under Eye Corrector in the jar but it seemed entirely too heavy for me.

I used to use something by Benefit in a tube with a roller - I think it's discontinued, it was great for puffiness. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely try both products and let you know the results. 

Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried the Clinique All About Eyes Serum? 

Respected Contributor

I have the same problem and would not be without my Genie Instant Line Smoother from here on the Q. I just use it under my eyes (less is more with this product) and what a difference it makes. I even do just one eye sometimes and then ask DH which eye looks better. He has ALWAYS picked the "Genie" eye so I know it works great for me. People either love or hate this product....I love it! 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Has anyone tried the Clinique All About Eyes Serum? 

No, I haven't.  It looks like reviews are mixed.  I did a search for ingredients and gave up after clicking on a half a dozen, or so, options.  I can't find an ingredient list anywhere, even on Clinique's site.  I wouldn't want to buy something if I didn't know what was in it, either as something that would help or something to avoid.

Esteemed Contributor

I have dealt with this problem all of my life. What I have found that works for me are these products: Dr. Denese Eye Fixer Upper for upper and lower and Ultra Repair Triple EyeTheapy. The Ultra Repair is in a tube that has a ball roller which is soothing and really helps in the am. I also like Dr. Denese Emulsion for Eyes. I use the eye cream at night and the Ultra Repair Thearpy in the morning.

If my eyes are really bad with the dark circles and I need to use concealer that day then I use Bobbi Brown's correct & seal combo.  It does wonders for me to disguise those circles.

Hope you have luck with any of these.  

Honored Contributor

I have been using for about 6 months now an eye cream by ASDM called Double Shot Caffeine, it works great and its very reasonably priced at around 25.00? I use quite a few  of their products after learning about them on this board and they are fantastic!!!!!!