Valued Contributor

Re: What do you use to hold makeup brushes?

Do you have a link to the brush sets you mentioned in your post? I've been looking for good synthetic brushes for my daughter as she has VERY sensitive skin; and cannot use organic brushes.
I also "clean" my brushes in a similar way after every use. I take a clean tissue or cotton pad and damp the brushes in the same manner as we would do when stenciling. I find getting that little bit off each time keeps them "healthy" longer!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Professional makeup artists and brush manufacturers actually suggest that brushes not "stand", etc. when not in use. Rather, they should be inserted back into the brush roll tool bag or always kept laying flat. And never put a wet brush on end to dry !

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit wrote:
Do you have a link to the brush sets you mentioned in your post? I've been looking for good synthetic brushes for my daughter as she has VERY sensitive skin; and cannot use organic brushes.
I also "clean" my brushes in a similar way after every use. I take a clean tissue or cotton pad and damp the brushes in the same manner as we would do when stenciling. I find getting that little bit off each time keeps them "healthy" longer!

I highly recommend the Sedona Lace synthetic brushes that I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread. They are incredibly soft and very well-made. They don't shed or stain.

They often have excellent sales on their site that don't call for a promo code, which means that you can also use a promo code (I always find one for that site).

I do just as you do with your brushes, wipe them with a damp cotton pad after each use, and am finding that I don't really need to deep clean them. I

One of my sets came with two cup holders (for travel, you can connect them), and they are perfect for storing all my brushes. I do not find it convenient to store them in a brush belt.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

For the majority of them, I use a couple of Longaberger 1 pt. crocks.  I do have an IT stand that came with a brush set.  The dual tipped (I only have a couple of them) go in one of my Muji drawers.

I use the Longaberger crocks as well.   

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add that I like to keep my brushes in the covered  container because they do not collect dust.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Great thread, most of my brushes are in a brush bag I had gotten from Mary Kay years ago. Other brushes are in a bathroom plastic cup that matches the other decorative items in the bathrooom-- soap dish, wastebasket.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

Large crystal glasses that I picked up in an antique shop filled with small glass marbles about half way up to hold the brushes in place.

Smart.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Gemspirit wrote:

I highly recommend the Sedona Lace synthetic brushes that I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread. They are incredibly soft and very well-made. They don't shed or stain.

They often have excellent sales on their site that don't call for a promo code, which means that you can also use a promo code (I always find one for that site).

I do just as you do with your brushes, wipe them with a damp cotton pad after each use, and am finding that I don't really need to deep clean them. I

One of my sets came with two cup holders (for travel, you can connect them), and they are perfect for storing all my brushes. I do not find it convenient to store them in a brush belt.

They're available on Amazon and  Ebay, too.  Check their prices  as well.

If you bookmark http://www.retailmenot.com/ AND get on their regular e-mail lists, you'll always have promo codes/coupons available.  8)

Also recommended:  signing up for Sedona Lace's own e-mail list, so you'll know when they have sales and specials.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Gemspirit wrote:

They're available on Amazon and  Ebay, too.  Check their prices  as well.

If you bookmark http://www.retailmenot.com/ AND get on their regular e-mail lists, you'll always have promo codes/coupons available.  8)

Also recommended:  signing up for Sedona Lace's own e-mail list, so you'll know when they have sales and specials.

When Sedona Lace has a special, their prices beat Amazon and eBay. Believe me, I've checked. The only time that might not be true is when you want to buy maybe only one or two brushes. If you're buying a set, though, the site is the best way to go. Their best sales are when they have 20 percent off plus free shipping, but those are fairly rare.

BTW, I have so many of their brushes now that I deleted myself from their e-mail list. Smiley Embarassed

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I got a great price on a cup .... or maybe it was actually a toothbrush holder the height of a pencil cup ..... in white mother-of-pearl mosaic !!    It literally glows and really adds a touch of elegance to my makeup table.