Super Contributor

Re: What do you use as a detangler for long hair?

On 1/18/2014 sunshine45 said:

i am going to recommend these brushes, which i use on wet/damp hair. i first found then on SHOPHQ when they were a top value and bought a set of two. they are fantastic when used after your shower and really get all the knots and tangles out without needing any extra "stuff" on your hair. i highly recommend it....could not believe how great it works.

michel mercier ultimate detangling brush (i use the pink one, which is for fine hair)

http://www.amazon.com/Michel-Mercier-Detangling-Brush-Fine/dp/B0087I6790

Thank you sunshine45!

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2014 beauty-junkie said: My daughter has hair past her waist and I use "It's a 10" spray in her hair. It smells amazing and gets the tangles out without hurting herSmiley Happy. I was told by my stylist that you should only buy at a salon, if you buy anywhere else they put lots of water in it. I bought a 4oz bottle for $30.00 at BoRic(sp). HTH

Thanks for suggestion. I've never heard of it. I'll check it out.Smile

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2014 katkitty said:

AVEDA Damage Remedy. {in a tube}

Apply to damp hair and leave in. Easy.

My hair is neither damaged or dry, but this was recommended at the Aveda store for shine and de-tangling. It works for me.

Thanks katkitty for the suggestion! I'll put this one on my list too.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2014 HappyDaze said:

I use WEN and still need a detangler, lol! I've tried alot of detanglers but many have drying ingredients in them unfortunately. The one I continuously go back to is Orofluido's hair elixir. It is great for detangling my long hair, smells great and gives my hair shine. I apply it on wet hair and my comb glides right through it.

Great thread- I'd love to see what others use.

Thanks for the suggestion HappyDaze!

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2014 twopeas said:

I always use Infusium 23.

I forgot about Infusium 23. I used to use that several years ago. I wasn't fond of the scent though. Thank you for the suggestion!

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2014 Opurra said:
On 1/19/2014 beauty-junkie said: My daughter has hair past her waist and I use "It's a 10" spray in her hair. It smells amazing and gets the tangles out without hurting herSmiley Happy. I was told by my stylist that you should only buy at a salon, if you buy anywhere else they put lots of water in it. I bought a 4oz bottle for $30.00 at BoRic(sp). HTH

Thanks for suggestion. I've never heard of it. I'll check it out.Smile

No problem, hope you find something that works. I use a very little of the product on the ends of her hair and it works great. Last summer her hair was getting dried out from swimming and have been using this since then, saves me about 20 minutesSmiley Happy
Super Contributor

Wen styling cream. Just one pump applied from below ears down to ends.

Regular Contributor

I use salon brand shampoo and conditioner and still need one myself (even with Wen) I like infusium, Aussie has a nice detangler too, but lately I have just been using a kids product. Cheaper and works just as well!

Super Contributor

I was a Walmart recently & spotted a double length wide toothed comb by Conair. Its recommend for curly hair (mine is not curly) but works amazingly for any hair type. I also have long hair, it grows so fast its now below my shoulders. This comb works great on damp hair, much more so than my more expensive wide tooth comb. only 4.19.

When I use a leave in I only put a tiny amount of Pure Almond oil or Argan oil rub it in my palms & lighty appy it on my ends & mid-shaft. Another leave in is my own (DIY) An empty spray bottle put in about 3 tbl. of my preferred conditioner which is Acure Organics Argan stem cell + argan oil Conditoner, Put a few drops of Avacado oil, almond oil, (or oil of your choice) distilled water but leave enough space in the bottle to shake it up, my hair loves that also & none of these weight my hair down.

Valued Contributor

On 1/18/2014 tigriss said:

I had hair to my bottom and used a wide tooth pick. Now that my hair is to my shoulders, I still use a pick. I find it works very well to detangle my hair after I wash it and to prevent damage to the hair. You can also use a spray in detangler or some hair oils like argon or moroccan. Those add great things to your hair and will aid in picking it out.

That's what I use too, a wide tooth pick. It works like a dream.