Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think will happen to Mally's products in the future?

@colliegirls wrote:

I missed the show, what was said about her company?

Hi Colliegirls - Mally didn't make any special announcements during the show.  The information about her banktrupcy is public information, and you can find out info. if you Google the subject. Many here on the boards have been discussing this for several weeks now. 

Super Contributor

I don't watch QVC very much anymore but I really wanted to get some replacement parts for my Shimmer Shape and Glow compact that are no longer on QVC.com so I went to her website and saw that her site was all but empty. This was at least 3 months ago. She used to have a great website with all kinds of videos and products. Now it looks like a liquidation sale.

Seems like she would have had some kind of announcement. I looked around the site to see if there was any info about what was going on but found nothing. They still had some of the SS&G compacts in the darker shade on Ulta but not the lighter one.

Mally did that Shimmer Shape and Glow compact way back when hardly anyone did contouring. No one has done it as well as her SS&G as far as I am concerned. She had the perfect contour shade for me and it is really hard to find elsewhere.  Everyone is dong contour with bronzer and I can't get away with that with my pale skin tone The fact that you could buy replacement parts for each individual color was great, too.

Wish she would just tell everyone what is going on.

Respected Contributor

For those interested, Mally products have been showing up pretty regularly on HauteLook so you might keep an eye on that. The prices are great!
Respected Contributor

I don't know what I would do without her Face Defender. If it weren't so bloody hot, I would be stocking up from the sales that are around. If it looks like they start to disappear, I'll have to pay full price at Ulta, horrors.
Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of her products but I'm a fan of hers and the fact that she's recently started selling at Ulta tells me she's going to be around for a while
Honored Contributor

Didn't Mally mention one time that her husband ran the company?  

Super Contributor

I think what happened is the QVC pressured her to make too  many new products so they could show her as innovative or something... that way she could always present something new and different... how many different types of mascara does she have.. I also think they also pressured her to sell her products on the lower side and that did not help her profit margin... Maybe they bought things on consignment and gave her a certain price per unit... I think she has great products and I also think if she is no longer totally in charge her brand will suffer... they also have her products at Ulta and they are definately more there then they are at the Q.... unfortunately I think this brand will go the way of philosophy...

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot imagine going bankrupt with all the high dollars brought in from the sales from QVC.  Sounds like very poor money management, sadly.