Trusted Contributor

What do you think will happen to Mally's products in the future?

[ Edited ]

For those of us who love some (or a lot) of Mally's products, what do you think will happen to them down the line?  I love her Starlight eye liners and her shadow sticks.  I also love her Poreless Face Defender and her highlighter and corrector duo.

I feel that for some of these products there are simply no dupes.  Nothing compares, in my opinion.  I'm concerned that once my stash runs out that will be it and it's sad.

I DVR'd her show because I only like to watch the demos that interest me and I wasn't going to order anything (I don't NEED a darn thing!), but I was reading the thread about the future of her company and I really liked that one kit presented with the eye liner, brow pencil, mascara, gloss, concealer stick and foundation compact.  I've never bought a Mally kit before because I never loved enough of the pieces to justify the cost.  So, I'm on waitlist for the fair kit.  I may never get it, but if I do it'll be one that I think I'll really like.

Best wishes to Mally.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think will happen to Mally's products in the future?

Hi Stargazer! The Secret to Happy Kit is beautiful! I have been tempted to purchase that one since it came out! It's basically a TSV price; I should have purchased at under $50 when it debuted. I bet you will love it!  The firm that was retained to sell her company mentioned that she would be willing to work on an employment contract; that makes me wonder how much input she would have on changes to existing product formulas and new products. It kind of worries me, because we saw the quality of Philisophy go way down when they were sold/repurchased a couple of times. I also love her mascara and High Shine Liquid lipsticks quite bit. I also wish her the best. 

Trusted Contributor

She is such a kick to watch and very talented!   I wish her well.  There are two shows scheduled for the 1st week in July.  I too am worried about what will happen to her products. She has developed items that no other comppany makes-they're her creations.  No one has the face defender or the same types of under eye products, and the list goes on.

Keeping a company going is a tricky thing.  "Dishy" made some very unkind comments about Mally on another forum this evening.  I would ask her to realize how difficult it is to maintain a business in this day and age.  There are reasons why Tarte, Juduth Ripka, Laura Geller, Philosophy, and Bare Minerals sold out to large companies.   Bobbi Brown sold years ago.  Mally probably held on too long.  Get ready because IT will be sold at some time.  The big corporations have the wherewithal to keep these entities going.

We love you, Mally.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely, running a company successfully is one of the most difficult things there is to do.

I worked for a few startups in the science field, then was a product manager and finally started something of my own. Let me tell you how hard that all is. Sometimes it fails--more often than not, in fact. 

Mally did well but as a former product manager I could see some things I would have not done in her company that would affect the bottom line. I always thought she had too many formulae and packaging types, and the fact her biggest creditor was the packaging maker made me think I was onto one of her problems. 

It's not easy. And when you are new on the scene, you go through growing pains. 

I am sure she will regroup and be back. But she would, as a new company, have to re-negotiate with Q or HSN or anyone to be a vendor again. New company, new terms. But I feel her popularity, her knowledge and her charisma will make it a strong contender. 

Super Contributor

I have no idea what will happen to her products. I enjoyed her show last night. She was in tears as the live audience applauded her when she came walking down the stairs to the stage.  I liked her long dress too!! I ordered her Gel nail kit. Can't beat the price. I hope i like it if not back it will go.

Respected Contributor

What is the latest on the bankruptcy? If I need to stock up, I'd better. I love her face and eye primers, the face and lip defenders, the mascara primer and volumizing mascara. Her products are unique. She's gifted and, I believe, a genuine person. It is such a shame.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

I missed the show, what was said about her company?

Contributor

I missed it too.  Did she sell her company?

Valued Contributor

@weeness wrote:

I missed it too.  Did she sell her company?

This is the Baltimore Sun article that discusses the sale:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-mallygirl-sale-20150612-story.html

Respected Contributor

At this point it's all SPECULATION.......nobody knows what's happening. Like the other poster said big company's are sold all the time. If you like Mally's products just keep buying like you always do. Stop the SPECULATION talk.........it was nice to see her shows last night! Lots of great kits with great prices/flex pays too. Just keep all the positive thoughts going for Mally. She is liked by a lot of people!!!! We love you Mally 😍😘