Honored Contributor

What do you think of EL’s Beautiful Belle fragrance?

What do you think of EL’s Beautiful Belle fragrance? I have not smelled this one yet. I'm curious about it. What do you think of it?

I wore Beautiful for years when it was fist released but stopped when the fragrance was, IMHO, ruined, by reformulations. It's a shell of its former self now. 

Super Contributor

Re: What do you think of EL’s Beautiful Belle fragrance?

@Mindy D IMO it smells nothing like Beautiful. Got a sample of it and did not like it at all. To me it was very strong and not pleasant. I too love the original Beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I did not like it at all.. I do like Beautiful, but not this one! I had a sample twice, and its a no go for me!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I wasn't aware of EL's new Beautiful fragrance.  I'd love to be able to go to Dillards to sniff the new selection of fragrances!  Beautiful was my signature fragrance in the 90s but what really skyroceted it to stardom is when I started layering it with a gourmand fragrance.  Vanille Abricot.  A slightly fruity vanilla scent.  I love layering scents.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

This is sad to hear.  I think most women enjoyed the original fragrance.  It was literally a "beautiful" scent.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I'm not a big fan of it.  Never have liker the original Beautiful either.   It's strong and gives me a headache.

Honored Contributor

I remember  30 years ago Beautiful was a very pretty fragrance.  I smelled it on a girl in my office standing at my desk and I gave her a compliment on it.  It's good to know the different notes in the fragrance and you usually will know if you like it.

kindness is strength