Honored Contributor

Re: What do you know about Snail Slime in IT Cosmetics CC Cream Foundation?

I like IT, but when the CC cream came out and everyone was raving about it, I read what the ingredients were. I don't believe in using animal anything anywhere on my body. So I've never tried that one. I was glad when the CC Veil SPF 50 Foundation didn't have it!

Can't. get. over. it. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

It is strange and a little disgusting. But Supposedly according to the net, it’s been used for years in Korean beauty creams and has anti aging, skin damage fighting properties. 

Who knows, nothing I’ve used has changed my skin at all-

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snail Slime has been used far more than anyone realized in cosmetics and creams for years.   Personally, as far as the IT CC cream, I'm in my 70's and my skin has never looked better since I've been using it, soooooo, if it's the snal slime, bring it on. The newest foundation I've tried is the cream Celebration in a compact (I think that's what it's called) .  Wow!  Your complexion feels amazing after you apply that.  I understand that it's a serum foundation, and it really works on my weathered complexion.  

I think it's all in your own perception. I will not, however, use anything that is not cruelty free and you must remember, there are different ways to determine that. 

I worked for a customs broker.  We prepared documents for ocean overseas shipments. You would be shocked, and terribly dissappointed if you could read how chemicals are tested and what some of  these chemicals are used for and in.   Snail slime is nothing compared to what is used in hair dyes and products. 

Honored Contributor

I file this information away under "things I don't need to know".  It took me 2 days to open this thread after reading the title.  @SewHappy2.  How about a pact where we agree to never mention this again?  Love the foundation; hate the ingredients.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

With all the good plants out there, I'll pass on the snails.

But I knew it was a player in skincare preparations.

Super Contributor

If you eat honey, you are eating insect spit  Cat Wink

Unless you prefer to not use animal products, I don't see an issue with it.

(but I still won't eat escargot)

Let me say that I was not grossed out by it & I really loved how the CC cream felt & looked.... BUT... it made me break out around my mouth & chin! I'm over 50 & have no allergies to any kind of shellfish. I tried it several diffevent times, with the same results. What a shame. 

Honored Contributor

I intentionally use a few K-Beauty skincare items that have snail mucin as a key ingredient. I like them and I'm not grossed out in the least.

Honored Contributor

This thread reminds me of when I was a kid and happened to look at the ingredient deck of some cream I found in the shared by all of us bathroom.  It had urea in it.  I was old enough to know it had something to do with urine.  All I could think was ewwww.  We moved from that house when I was in 5th grade, so it was some time before that.