Honored Contributor

Re: What do you give your Hair Stylist for Christmas?

I usually gift a Mrs. Prindables & Landie's Candies goody bag for all my beauty ladies (hair dresser, nail tech, esthetician).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

My stylist loves Beekmans products so I give her a very generous supply of them. She owns the place so I also give a big bag of chocolate I get from Costco to share with the other stylists.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’d advise against any food type gifts.  The stylist may be on a special eating plan or they/someone in their family could have an allergy.  A restaurant gift card could obligate the recipient to spend $$ if they have to make up some part of a bill or tip themselves.  Cash or a Visa gift card is best.

Respected Contributor

Cash

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cash in a Christmas card. I see her the week before or of Christmas so I give it to her after my appointment. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I usually buy a small gift but this year I am giving her money.  I will put $30 in a card that will be her tip and Christmas gift all in one.  How about you?  Do you give anything or nothing at all?

@Katcat1  That's the exact thing  and amount I'm doing as well.  Last year I also gave her a bottle of Philosphy shower gel, but I don't think that was a well received as the money.  She does quite well in her profession and acted as if she had never heard of Philosphy, so that's out for this year. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama  I give her what I can afford and just the thought to give her something should be appreciated.  There are plenty of women that don't schedule appts. around the holidays as to avoid a gift.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  I agree.  I only get haircuts - just going with my white, thin,  hair Smiley LOL   Her haircuts are wonderful, but pricey so I only go every 7 or 8 weeks.  $30 extra is the best I can do. 

Respected Contributor

@Karsa   I agree with you that stylists make a good amount of $.  My jaw dropped when I read a previous poster saying that they didn't make much $.  That may well be true somewhere but not that I've experienced....but then again, I pay mine well because a great job deserves to be rewarded.

Honored Contributor

I alternate between two people at the salon i go to, I am giving one person who is the owner a set of Champagne glasses and a bottle of champagne for him and his partner and for the other guy that does my hair on occasion a bottle of red wine

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.