Respected Contributor

What do you do with lipstick?

Have a ton of lippies I no longer wear.

I know they can't be passed on for hygenic reasons.

Is there repurposing that I'm not aware of?

Throw away?   ($$$sigh$$$)

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: What do you do with lipstick?

Toss ‘em unless you would use some as blush. It’s liberating. 

Esteemed Contributor

They gotta go. Lesson learned. No getting the $ back, so free up your space for the ones you do use. If it makes you feel any less guilty, I am right there with you.

Esteemed Contributor

I toss them.  Cannot be used again.  However I  buy only colors that I know I can wear so I use them up almost to the  end and then toss them.  I  have fair  skin, green eyes, silver white hair.  I buy only shades with a blue cast like wine or mauve. I never buy pink or clear red.  And I have favorite products... always on sale  and not  pricey.  

Super Contributor

I shop at a local grocery store in the DC/Balt area where they are very envionmentally concious and they actually recycle old cosmetics.  I'm sure not for the actual cosmetic, but the packaging.

Respected Contributor

@pommom  Just toss them and  then forget about them! I am a lipstuff junkie myself, and have had to throw away many because they either went bad before I could use them up, or I just didn't like them.

Sigh...It's a sickness! Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Yep--toss them all!! I have been doing that with my crazy, out of control, collection of make up that I NEVER  use----why am I keeping it all??? Just take a deep, cleansing breathe, exhale......slowly.......and toss it out!!!!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I've got too many...it's ridiculous, isn't it?? I wear a few then decide I don't like them and then they start multiplying in my drawer. I hate it when I have to throw away money!!

Honored Contributor

I save and repurpose my eye shadow palettes and put lipsticks in the wells. That way, with a brush, I can mix 2 together and make other shades much better than each one was individually. It helps to put a few light ones and mid-tones. In the drugstore, those long strips for meds w/ flip tops (say M, T, W on top) are great for this.

Honored Contributor

That's a great idea with the meds containers @Shanus. How clever!