Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you buy from Sephora?

I've liked some of their brushes (the Sephora brand).

Most of my beauty dollars go to Ulta.  If I was able to get to the Sephora store, I'm sure I would have a good time swatching things and would probably pick something up, but I just do online ordering instead.  So I mostly get skincare items.  I got some First Aid Beauty stuff, and I got a Dr. Jart Ceramidin set (lotion and cream), but I haven't tried it yet.  And sometimes there is something good in the sale section and I have to get it.  I think if I went into a Sephora store I would be most tempted by the minis because I like to try new things and not spend much.

As far as good deals go, you may want to check the site to see what's on sale.  Some of those items may also be available in store.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

My Sephora in JCP is about 10 minutes. They remodeled the store several months ago. It is so much more fun to stop there. It looks nicer and has a nice array of products. They now carry Tatcha, Drunk Elephant, Laura Mercier, Caudulie and many other brands. Prior to this I was doing my shopping online. They seem to be expanding products on a regular basis. It's nice to be able to see things in person too. 

Respected Contributor

This is basically true for any store that sells beauty items:

I buy at Store X when:

• I can't the item/price/set elsewhere
  • There's a deal /sale
  • Something I need quickly is available at the local brick and mortar site

Become a member of the Beauty Insider program. As you spend money and earn points, you get better offers, like early access to sales or early order newly released items. Sometimes they do in-store events open only to rewards members.

Look for the Weekly Wow sales online. I got a fantsatic serum and moisturizer for 50% off the regular price during a Weekly Wow last month and they've become Must-Have products for my winter skin. (I don't know if the Weekly Wow sales are available in-store, but you can ask.)

Always check the Promo Codes for additional free samples items or sets.

Respected Contributor

@TYwrote:

From the Canadian Sephora stores, I have bought nothing this year. Poor stock, no sunscreens, overpriced fragrances means no sales. When I bought my Clarisonic makeup brush head, I bought it from Shoppers Drug Mart using my loyalty points. When I looked for a white retractable cream eye crayon, Sephora did not have any. But the drugstore London Drugs did.

When I was in the U.S. recently I visited two different Sephora stores. One had no travel size It Cosmetics CC creams while the nearby Macy's did. But they did have the Tocca Stella hair fragrance which Canada did not. The other Sephora store did not have any Tarte shape tape concealer. Canada doesn't have this either. Neither Sephora stores carry Nest Paradise fragrance anymore.

Canadian Sephora stores have no sunscreens either. I did not see any Deciem The Ordinary products at all in Sephoras in Canada or the U.S. For such a media buzzy brand, it's not in any Sephora store I've been in.

@TYwrote:

From the Canadian Sephora stores, I have bought nothing this year. Poor stock, no sunscreens, overpriced fragrances means no sales. When I bought my Clarisonic makeup brush head, I bought it from Shoppers Drug Mart using my loyalty points. When I looked for a white retractable cream eye crayon, Sephora did not have any. But the drugstore London Drugs did.

When I was in the U.S. recently I visited two different Sephora stores. One had no travel size It Cosmetics CC creams while the nearby Macy's did. But they did have the Tocca Stella hair fragrance which Canada did not. The other Sephora store did not have any Tarte shape tape concealer. Canada doesn't have this either. Neither Sephora stores carry Nest Paradise fragrance anymore.

Canadian Sephora stores have no sunscreens either. I did not see any Deciem The Ordinary products at all in Sephoras in Canada or the U.S. For such a media buzzy brand, it's not in any Sephora store I've been in.

@TYwrote:

Canadian Sephora at all in Sephoras in Canada or thestores have no sunscreens either. I did not see any Deciem The Ordinary products  U.S. For such a media buzzy brand, it's not in any Sephora store I've been in.

@TY The Ordinary products in Sephora US are online only.

Esteemed Contributor

@maestra

I won't shop online from Sephora since I don't live very far from one. I'm not going to buy a certain amount just to qualify for free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I"ve only bought one thing from Sephora online.  I've browse around one once or twice, but I'm not at all interested in shopping with them.

Honored Contributor

I buy a decent amount from Sephora but I'm not crazy about the Sephoras inside Penneys.  The brands and items are very limited.   They have some very nice items under their own brand, especially brushes. 

One thing to know, if you buy a Sephora gift card inside Penney's, it has to be used inside a Penney's Sephora.    

Respected Contributor

I buy kits from Sephora.  There are different Sephora Favorites kits that come out throughout the year. You get to try different brands by buying those kits.