Honored Contributor

Re: 💄 What do you Think of this Lip Color? 💋

I think it could look good on a woman with the right skin tone. For example, an African American woman. Picturing Naomi Campbell, Iman. Anything looks good on them though.

With very subtle eyes and blush in subtle colors.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

Advertisement for matte. But all I see is a teenager in pigtails wearing short-shorts and a midriff top.

The color itself is fine...but not a look I would gravitate towards.

It just goes to show that with these varied opinions, you take risks at the cosmetic counters and the different salespeoples' steering you into color choices.

@lolakimono

Do you like the shade, and would you wear it?

Honored Contributor

It is a beautiful color, however definitely not on me. I am a very warm golden toned skin color. I also think this would look best on cooler  skin tones! 

Honored Contributor

I can't wear those dusty gray shades, but it's pretty if you have the coloring for it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Harpa

It's not a shade that I would wear.

It reads a bit 80s bubble gum to me.

Honored Contributor

I think it is dependent upon the color of your lips to start with and your complexion. Take a look at the swatch on the Target website. It is a pinky, mauve tone. In that photo it just looks like a natural color ...very different than the model on this thread.

Respected Contributor

I love it. It’s a natural nude with hint of pink/ mauve.  I don’t care for Reds, they are very unnatural looking and stand out harshly on almost everyone.  But everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that the lilac lip color is one for a selfie but not for in real life. I also think that the photo is photoshopped quite a bit too.

Edited to add that lilac is a nice nail polish color. Here's one I bought last month - photo from Pinterest:

Revlon 105 Galactic Pink 

(I think it's a limited edition color , it's pink with an undertone of lilac and it's a metallic shade.)

Image result for revlon nail polish 105 galactic pink
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I like the color, but what I really like is the lips themselves.  My daughter has full, plump lips like that.  Always wish I did!

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I loved this look and wore it in the "60"s (although mine was a tad lighter).  I couldn't pull it off now!  I had to laugh at whomever said it was kind of a "trashy" look.  Everytime my dad would see me in this he said it made me look like a street walker!  He must have gotten that from his Navy days....Ha!  One day it came up missinWoman Surprisedg and I was pretty sure my mom threw it away.  I saved my allowance and bought another one and kept it in my locker at school and enjoyed it for quite some time. AAAHHHH....memories....LOL!

@jubilant,

Did you really? I love red lipstick and have worn it since a teen; I won the Lancome perfect lip contest 5 years ago... I was that ``person`` who said __"TRASHY"__                  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,haHAA,  Woman Surprised U !

Do you have some more of those memories? I wore a French Bikini in our hometown pool, after coming back from California; I had jaws dropping .... for sure.... when I stepped out

of my terry cloth coat.

BINGO!

NAES   + my memories.