Respected Contributor

What do beauty youtubers do with all that product?

Do beauty youtubers get to write all of that product off?  I can't imagine what they do with all of it (not including PR hauls).  Some of their hauls are $300-800!  They occasionally have a beauty giveaway, but those are rare.  Just curious.  They must need rooms to keep all of their makeup.  Very entertaining though, I've learned a lot about which beauty products are worth the price.

Super Contributor

Re: What do beauty youtubers do with all that product?

For almost 10 years I bought a lot of TSV's from various vendors. I ended up with so much makeup that I never used. Over the past 8 years I have bought little from TV. You are getting such a lot of makeup for seemingly little money but in reality a lot of those extras were things that just did not work for me..Makeup is now more available on various websites and you can get better shipping rates on those sites. I can also just make a trip to the store and buy exactly what I want. Sephora is not far away and some drug store brands have really gotten to be much better quality than they once were. I gave away a lot of the makeup that piled up in my collection. Threw away some, too. The "beauty" industry is going to continutally be coming up with the next big thing but usually it is just the same old thing packaged differently.

Respected Contributor

I've always assumed that they are very wealthy and have a lot of time and money on their hands.  I could be wrong, though.

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I've always assumed that they are very wealthy and have a lot of time and money on their hands.  I could be wrong, though.

@PhilaLady1 - Clearly some of these people have a ton of money - you should see the Nordstrom hauls!  OMG!  One woman was giving away a $200 and a $300 Nordstrom gift card on her website.  She had purchased just a ton of clothes.  It just amazes me - but it is very entertaining - I get to shop vicariously through them and not spend a dime! 

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal    Wow !    I can't even imagine that kind of lifestyle.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not sure, seems so wasteful to me because there is no way you can actually use it all. Even though many get the stuff free from the companies (one of many issues), it is still really wasteful imo. 

This is one reason I don't really follow what these people "recommend" regarding skincare and haircare at least- there is no way they know how well a skincare or haircare product can work since they try so many things all the time. Sure, they can give you their initial impressions (e.g. it doesn't sting when applied, it feels drying/greasy/etc once it is applied, etc.) but they could never truly say if a product helps them in any long-term way and they are being disingenuous if they try to claim such. 

I digress  here but I would love to find a youtuber  or blogger that concentrates mostly on makeup but that still occasionally does some skincare or haircare but long-term use discussionsI would also like to find one that actually has similar skintone and skintype as me in the same general age rage as well or even a bit older (anywhere between 35 and 60 would be fine). And one that doesn't use fillers, professional peels, lasers etc. I know they all want to look perfect but that isn't realistic and I can't relate to that, at least not yet. Any "natural" beauties out there doing demos/blogs/youtube??

Okay, rant over. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My guess is that the YT'rs get an incentiveWoman Wink for the products they use on their vids. And then the YT'rs use those camera beauty filters when they go to show you just how gorgeous the product made them look as they toss it in the trash. 

Honored Contributor

Watched few videos. Unbelievable! Amount of time and products. Angie Hot n Flashy unable to watch her. She goes on and on... Yes, Tell me how wonderful this or that is..while you botox up. 😂
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Watched few videos. Unbelievable! Amount of time and products. Angie Hot n Flashy unable to watch her. She goes on and on... Yes, Tell me how wonderful this or that is..while you botox up. 😂

So in a case like this, I hope she never comments on how a skincare product helps smooth out her skin and minimizes wrinkles because she uses fillers. She could comment on how a product helps the look of her skin in terms of luminosity, reduction of pores, oiliness or dryness but not anything regarding wrinkles if she uses botox! But I am sure she still does?

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Not sure, seems so wasteful to me because there is no way you can actually use it all. Even though many get the stuff free from the companies (one of many issues), it is still really wasteful imo. 

This is one reason I don't really follow what these people "recommend" regarding skincare and haircare at least- there is no way they know how well a skincare or haircare product can work since they try so many things all the time. Sure, they can give you their initial impressions (e.g. it doesn't sting when applied, it feels drying/greasy/etc once it is applied, etc.) but they could never truly say if a product helps them in any long-term way and they are being disingenuous if they try to claim such. 

I digress  here but I would love to find a youtuber  or blogger that concentrates mostly on makeup but that still occasionally does some skincare or haircare but long-term use discussionsI would also like to find one that actually has similar skintone and skintype as me in the same general age rage as well or even a bit older (anywhere between 35 and 60 would be fine). And one that doesn't use fillers, professional peels, lasers etc. I know they all want to look perfect but that isn't realistic and I can't relate to that, at least not yet. Any "natural" beauties out there doing demos/blogs/youtube??

Okay, rant over. Smiley Happy

@HappyDaze - I just love Melissa 55 - she is around 62 but looks 45 I swear - she uses Retin A.  She is just a sweet southern gal and unfortunately people accuse her of using fillers, etc.  But she swears she would never do that because of health issues.  She is just a natural beauty - she does makeup, hair, clothes mainly.  I just love her videos.