Esteemed Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 8/6

I used up:

-a .25 oz. jar of Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask.  This doesn't do much.  I don't know why people pay good money for stuff like this.

-a sample packet of Kate Somerville EradiKate Salicylic Acne Treatment.  The packet says this is a salicylic and retinol treatment, but it does not list retinol as an active ingredient.  I would've liked to know how much retinol was in this.  I don't like companies that aren't transparent about their ingredients.  I'm pretty sure the retinol was greater than what I usually use, since it dried out my skin.  Not something I will purchase.

-an Avon bubble bath.

-a .5 oz. tube of Tula Protect + Glow Daily Sunscreen Gel SPF 30.  This was glowy.  It didn't work well under makeup; my makeup slid right off when wearing it.  But it was too glowy for me to want to use without makeup on top.  Oh well.

-2 packets of Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47.  I had wanted to try this for a long time.  It worked alright in place of my regular moisturizer, but was kind of oily.  I wound up blotting my face before applying makeup on top.  Used the second packet on my arms because the packets were nearing their expiration date.  I thought this was okay, but it made me break out.  So, not something I would purchase.

-a tube of Nubian Heritage Mango Butter Hand Cream.Heart  This is one of the best hand creams I have tried.  It doesn't just sit on the surface of my skin.  I put it on and it sinks in and doesn't leave me greasy (after giving it a few minutes to sink in), but I can still feel that I put something on my hands.  When I put it on before bed, my hands don't feel dry when I wake up.  I will definitely be repurchasing this again from their website.  I think I may buy some for holiday gifts as well.  This is a really nice hand cream.  It also has a light citrus smell that is pleasant.

That is all for now.  I hope everyone is enjoying Summer!!

Squirrel eating ice cream cone: SEUT

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I finished a jar of O'o Hawaii Birdsong eye cream.  Threw the jar away, went to my stash & opened a new one!  This is a superior eye cream!

E0F33759-4682-428C-B484-39ABD57FAB1C.png

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I finished a jar of O'o Hawaii Birdsong eye cream.  Threw the jar away, went to my stash & opened a new one!  This is a superior eye cream!

E0F33759-4682-428C-B484-39ABD57FAB1C.png

Hm, never heard of this~why do you love it~what does it do for you?

I'm currently on the last of an Auto-Delivery from Dr. Denese I have been on for years, and when I say "last of", they are ending the AD now on this particular combination kit. (I'm surprised it went for this long.) Anyway, in it was an eye cream. But other than that, which was included in my kit, I don't usually use eye creams, just whatever serums and face creams I'm using, goes on my eyes too. Curious what you love about this one?

Honored Contributor

A bottle of Missha Vita C.  Another one took it's place.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Wanted to thank you again to telling us about Kylie's Vanilla Milk Toner Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

What all do you have in Kylie's line?

Honored Contributor

@kathie66 

I had my big purge a few months ago.  Turned out to be a much bigger job than I had anticipated.  Took two or three days.  Bathroom looked like it threw up.  It's still organized Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

I know that's a great feeling Smiley Happy  I use Scentsy warmers and wax.  I tried going cheaper with WM brands but they were too strong and too burned too hot.  

It's been decades since I've burned a candle.  Does soy produce soot?  DH is a contractor and when he's doing a remodeling job, he can tell when someone is a candle person.  There will be black all along the floor next to the walls.  I want to get some of the Jackie Aina candles for my bathroom.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

What is the ingredient or two that you feel is helping so much?

Honored Contributor

Cotton pads that I use for my astringent.  Had to use cotton balls this mornng.

Can of hair spray (but I buy several at a time - so I don't run out.  I use a lot of hairspray)

Thicker Fuller Hair thickening serum (but like the hairspray - I buy three at a time and three more when I'm down to one.)

Getting low on witch hazel - have to make a stop at Walgreen's this week.

Getting low on my Dramatic Firming Cream and Gold Bond Neck cream and their Brown Spot reducer.  I have the Gold Bond on subscription from Amazon and a new supply will be here in a couple of days.

Kiss My Face olive oil soap - one more bar left but since I subscribe - more on their way.