Honored Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 7/9

Big Se* xyHair Root Pump and Caldesene Medicated Powder.

Sorry I disappeared the other night.  I was banned for 12 hours Smiley Surprised  They said I banned for starting a thread about a deleted thread Smiley Surprised  I'm still confused as to what happened.

Valued Contributor

Hi friends!  This is for two weeks since I couldn't log in for several days.

NYX blotting tissues, always have a replacement ready, especially in the hot weather.

LaRoche Posay Cicaplast Baume, used this for super dry areas in the winter, not using now.

Olay Mineral spf 30.  This was okay but I have other sunscreens l like better.

Alpha Skincare Revitalizing Body Lotion, always have a backup.  This helps with crepey skin.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

Hi beauties, I used up:

Ulta beauty bamboo charcoal mask -  brightening Yuzu fruit mask.  This was ok, just using up samples.  Would not be a repurchase.  

Gave away - a new Clinique happy spray (roller bar size).   Used to love happy.  I think I over used it at some point.  Put it in a basket at work where we put stuff we want to share  / or doesn’t work for us, in the ladies room.  It was gone this week.  Hope someone enjoys it!  Better than tossing it.  

Thats it for me.  Have a great weekend.  Be safe.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @JudyL Heart

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Put it in a basket at work where we put stuff we want to share  / or doesn’t work for us, in the ladies room.

@lynnie61 

What a great/helpful idea!

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties!

I used up: Lottie London Got It Covered Concealer in "Shell" 8ml- this was a fine concealer but kind of thick, heavy and a little dry. Not replacing for now, I have a Colour Pop and Maybelline concealer here to use

Every Man Jack eye cream 0.5oz- I can't tell where this did anything for my eye area, not repurchasing. I think I have a sample of some eye product here to try so I don't have to buy anything

Tossed 3 small Ulta brand lip top coats that came in a lip kit a couple of years back. They all had way too much glitter for me. One was clear, one was hot pink and another was irridescent. Just too much for my old lips. I need to keep it a bit more subtle. 

That's all for me, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I use to join in on this thread a couple of years ago and occasionally look in. I noticed you use Niacinimide Serum. Can I ask you what do you use this for? My dermatologist recommended me to start taking Niacinimide tablets twice a day in which I did for a whole 6 days. I couldn't tolerate them. Between the flashing and my blood sugar spiking I figured this was what was causing that.  I have an auto-immune disease that causes a skin rash. I take other meds for this, but she wanted to cut back on one of them. I had heard they make creams and serums in NIacinimide. I hope you don't mind me asking about this serum.If you don't want to answer, I will understand. TIA

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I use to join in on this thread a couple of years ago and occasionally look in. I noticed you use Niacinimide Serum. Can I ask you what do you use this for? My dermatologist recommended me to start taking Niacinimide tablets twice a day in which I did for a whole 6 days. I couldn't tolerate them. Between the flashing and my blood sugar spiking I figured this was what was causing that.  I have an auto-immune disease that causes a skin rash. I take other meds for this, but she wanted to cut back on one of them. I had heard they make creams and serums in NIacinimide. I hope you don't mind me asking about this serum.If you don't want to answer, I will understand. TIA

Hi @Leeny .  I think Niacinamide is one of the best ingredients in skincare.  It's good for skin clarity, calming redness, shrinking pores, evening out hyperpigmentation, regulating oil production, moisturizing, firming, and likely more things than that.  I also take an oral Nicotinamide supplement without any adverse reactions. There are non-flushing forms. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I will have to check out the non flushing forms because I see the one I got at Walgreen's doesn't mention that specifically. My dermatologist said it wouldn't cause flushing, but this one sure did. The pharmacist had to get it from behind the counter as there is not a big call for this. I asked why it wasn't on the shelf. This is what I was told, there isn't much call for it so we don't want to waste shelf space on this kind of item.. 

I am sure my dermatologist wants me to take it for anti- inflammation, that is what it is meant to help me with anyway. I also want to find the cream and serum. Where do you purchase the serum? I imagine I'll have to check on line since it's not available in the stores where I live.

Thank You for your helpful response.

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Hi @Leeny .  I think Niacinamide is one of the best ingredients in skincare.  It's good for skin clarity, calming redness, shrinking pores, evening out hyperpigmentation, regulating oil production, moisturizing, firming, and likely more things than that.  I also take an oral Nicotinamide supplement without any adverse reactions. There are non-flushing forms. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I will have to check out the non flushing forms because I see the one I got at Walgreen's doesn't mention that specifically. My dermatologist said it wouldn't cause flushing, but this one sure did. The pharmacist had to get it from behind the counter as there is not a big call for this. I asked why it wasn't on the shelf. This is what I was told, there isn't much call for it so we don't want to waste shelf space on this kind of item.. 

I am sure my dermatologist wants me to take it for anti- inflammation, that is what it is meant to help me with anyway. I also want to find the cream and serum. Where do you purchase the serum? I imagine I'll have to check on line since it's not available in the stores where I live.

Thank You for your helpful response.

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@Leeny   The Ordinary has their own website, but their Niacinamide serum can be found on Amazon and I think possibly Ulta.  When I'm finished with my current bottle, I'm going to move onto the QRx Niacinamax serum - available on Amazon.

if you're interested, the oral supplement I take is also on Amazon. It's called Baranta Health Nicotinamide