Esteemed Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 7/16

@monicakm wrote:

I hate summer but I love that your squirrels are enjoying it (g)

@monicakm  TBH, summer is not my favorite season either.  My body doesn't regulate temperature the way it's supposed to, so heat-related illness is something I'm prone to.  I much prefer spring and fall.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

My body doesn't regulate temperature the way it's supposed to, so heat-related illness is something I'm prone to

Is there an official name to this heat related illness?  I can't tolerate the heat at all but I assumed I'm just "hot-natured" and have MS that doesn't tolerate heat.  I've been "hot natured" all my life.  My thyroid is also part of my heat related issues.

Trusted Contributor

I've used up an Elemis Cleansing Balm as well as the Elemis Re-surfacing cleanser. I have one more night of the Elemis Peptide Overnight Mask left and then it's gone too!  

Replaced the Balm and Cleanser with the same item from back-up.  I love the Overnight mask, but I have to use up some other moisturizers before I purchase another one.  The Elemis line isn't cheap, but I do like many of their items.  The Mask has a wonderfully soothing lavendar fragrance that I swear helps me get to sleep!  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Please tell us what this product does for you.  Thanks!

@monicakm 

The QRx peptide Serum makes my skin look and feel very smooth. The hydration it provides is incredible. It's has no sticky feeling nor does it make my face shiny. Just a nice smooth satin finish. I use it as a moisturizer every morning.

Amazon.com: Peptide Complex Serum/Collagen Booster for the Face with  Hyaluronic Acid and Chamomile Extract - Anti Aging Peptide Serum, Reduces  Wrinkles, Heals and Repairs Skin - Tightening Effect - 1 fl oz: Beauty

@monicakm   It's nice, another example of not needing to pay a lot to get an effective product.  I'm using several things from QRx Labs. IMO, peptides are a must as we get older.. 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel 

My body doesn't regulate temperature the way it's supposed to, so heat-related illness is something I'm prone to

Is there an official name to this heat related illness?  I can't tolerate the heat at all but I assumed I'm just "hot-natured" and have MS that doesn't tolerate heat.  I've been "hot natured" all my life.  My thyroid is also part of my heat related issues.

@monicakm   I've been sensitive to heat since I was a young adult, but it's worse now.  I have P.O.T.S./dysautonomia (autonomic nervous system dysfunction).  The autonomic nervous system regulates a lot of things, so someone with dysautonomia can have various problems associated with things the body is supposed to manage automatically (like blood pressure, heart rate, sweating, digestion, etc.).

It's pretty common to have some degree of autonomic nervous system dysfunction if you have M.S. or other autoimmune disease, so it would not surprise me if that is why you cannot tolerate heat.  Some medications also make it harder to tolerate heat.

I hope you have air conditioning.  I'm not sure how I would get by without that.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

I finished a Korres donkey milk serum (replaced with same) my body seems to really like it, tossed a Trish McAvoy black liner (old) replaced with a bobbi brown gel liner from my stash,  finished a pack of Beekman pure scent wipes (replaced with same).  Tossed an old Falling in Love body spritz (have several Korres to use) Have a good week to all.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.