Honored Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 7/16

Buy Dr. Bronners - All-One Toothpaste Fluoride Free Anise - 5 oz. at  LuckyVitamin.com

Replaced with another tube.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a Lavanilla rollerball.  The fragrance was a limited edition fragrance, "Summer" in the name, I think (I couldn't read the tiny print on the base of the rollerball).  It was a coconut vanilla fragrance.  I wound up taking the top off and pouring it into a spray bottle.  I don't like when subtle fragrances come in a rollerball.  I only like a rollerball when the fragrance is strong.  Anyway, this is now out of my stash.

-a NYX sponge.  I'm calling it used up since I only tossed it because it wore out, not because there was anything wrong with it.

I tossed:

-Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder.  I tried so hard to make this work.  For some reason, people like this powder.  I find it cakey.  It is not finely-milled.  No matter what brand, density or cut of brush I used, or what foundation, I could not get this to look nice, even when I used a facial spray at the end of my makeup routine.  It just looked cakey and gross.  I tried so long to make it work that when I stopped using it, I was kind of amazed at how much better I looked using a better powder.  I'm really glad I finally gave up on this and decided to give it the boot.

-a Wet n Wild makeup sponge.  This is a pink sponge sold at the drugstore.  The shape is the sort of shape I like.  The problem with this sponge is that the foam it is comprised of is not good for blending makeup.  The website says it's specially made to not absorb your foundation--which is true--but it also does a terrible job of making your foundation look even.  My face would be a patchy, unblended mess.  It was easy to wash the foundation out of it, but if it doesn't function well at blending, who cares?

I hope everyone is enjoying the Summer

Red Squirrels Camping - Palm Press

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Please tell us what this product does for you.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Ohhh, sorry!  I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago.  Ordered some Juvia's Place eye shadow primer and lost it before ever got to use it Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I hate summer but I love that your squirrels are enjoying it (g)

Respected Contributor

@amyb - if you haven't already, please join us on the Declutter: What have you purged thread on the home forum!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Please tell us what this product does for you.  Thanks!

@monicakm 

The QRx peptide Serum makes my skin look and feel very smooth. The hydration it provides is incredible. It's has no sticky feeling nor does it make my face shiny. Just a nice smooth satin finish. I use it as a moisturizer every morning.

Amazon.com: Peptide Complex Serum/Collagen Booster for the Face with  Hyaluronic Acid and Chamomile Extract - Anti Aging Peptide Serum, Reduces  Wrinkles, Heals and Repairs Skin - Tightening Effect - 1 fl oz: Beauty

Respected Contributor

I didn't use anything up this past week but I gave my sister a bottle of toner that I didn't use. It came in a gift basket that I got at an auction last summer and I used it a few times but I don't generally use toner so I gave it to my sister before it goes bad. 

Honored Contributor

tried a Dior brow pencil with a tiny kabuki brush on the end---really horrible so sent it back--why don't i get my fave--Benefit precison brow pencil---sheesh!!!

Valued Contributor

I used up:

Soap & Glory Glow Your Mind cleansing balm.  I'm trying Good Molecules and it seems very similar to the Soap & Glory.  LIke them both.

John Frieda Volume Lift conditioner.  Nice but replacing with something else from my stash.

That's all for this week.  Enjoy the weekend!