Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 6/4

Hi Beauty Friends,

I didn't finish any products this week. That didn't stop me from buying the Paul Mitchell anti thinning shampoo and conditioner that @JudyL recommended. Thanks.
Great Weekend everyone.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Hi Beauty Friends,

I didn't finish any products this week. That didn't stop me from buying the Paul Mitchell anti thinning shampoo and conditioner that @JudyL recommended. Thanks.
Great Weekend everyone.

@KBEANS so glad you are going to try this shampoo and conditioner.  I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@rnmom sorry I missed your reply!  Curology is a subscription service and they gear their product to your specific needs.  You are assigned a medical provider (mine is a nurse practitioner) and answer questions about your skincare concerns.  After uploading pictures, your provider prescribes your formula.  It contains three ingredients.  Mine has tretinoin, azelaic acid and niacinamide.  The first bottle is free except for shipping.  Monthly bottles are $25 or bimonthly bottles are $40.  It takes me at least 3 months to use a bimonthly bottle so I delay shipments as needed.  If your provider starts you on tretinoin and you have never used a retinol, they start you at a very low concentration and once you tolerate that, you can increase.  I really like this because you can increase your concentration in smaller increments than you would with a local dermatologist.  I started at .012% because I had used retinol previously but some start at .005% or .009%.  I am now all the way up to the maximum concentration of .14% which took me over two years.  Over time, I am seeing reduction in fine lines and improvement in the texture and elasticity of my skin.  Hope this helps!!

Respected Contributor

@laurelei - thank you so much for the detailed explanation! It actually sounds really nice and very reasonable price wise. I will definitely look into it when I have used up some of the products that I have here. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Anti-thinning shampoo.  I need that!  I didn't know there was such a thing.  The Makeover Guy says there is no such product.  I'd love to know he's wrong!  I'm fairly certain mine is due to the side I sleep on (since that's the only side that is thinner.)

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - I am so happy with the Paul Mitchell Anti-thinning shampoo.  I tried Tweakd shampoo and conditioner as that was supposed to help with breakage and I lost so much hair that even my stylist noticed.  In Janaury I did start Andrew Lessman's multi vitamin that has biotin in it so that may have helped too.  But I will say this, there is FAR LESS hair in my shower hair trap thing since I've been using the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner than before.  For me, it was a very noticeable difference almost right away.  I do use Tweakd hair mist after shampooing and I think that is helping also.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Were you losing hair due to mostly breakage?  Mine is (I think) coming out at the root on my left side because (again, I think) it's the side I sleep on.  I have a silk pillowcase but my face sticks to it because of my nighttime face products.  I know, do your face earlier so it won't be sticky with product.  I've done that tonight Smiley Happy   My computer desk has a light colored Formica top and I have to wipe hair off of it 2-3 times a week.  My hair is short and layered.  It seems to me it's too easy to run my fingers thru my hair and bring some hair out with them Smiley Sad  I'm hoping my appt with the endo this week will result in something I can do about my thyroid because I have a feeling this is what most of this is.  Meanwhile I found this at WM and bought some.  I probably just wasted my money but I've always had such nice hair and I feel like I don't anymore Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wish you the best in figuring out  your hair loss.  I have no idea whether my hair loss was breakage or some other reason.  Just know that the amount of hair loss was much less after switching shampoos.  Taking a hair nails, etc., vitamin with Biotin gave me a horrible headache - must have been too strong.  I don't get that headache with the amount of Biotin in the Andrew Lessman vitamins - probably a lesser strength.

Valued Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@laurelei - thank you so much for the detailed explanation! It actually sounds really nice and very reasonable price wise. I will definitely look into it when I have used up some of the products that I have here. 

I only buy 4 of the larger bottles every year so I think it is reasonable.  One thing I didn't mention is that they're able to provide this service in most states but not all.  You might want to check on the website to see if your state is included.  I'm in Michigan and it's available for us.  Good luck!