Trusted Contributor

What did you use up this week? 5/14

Hi Friends,

I thought I would start the thread this week since @momoftwo2007 mentioned she needed a break from starting it. Hope you all had a good week.

Used up:

Marc Jacobs Highliner in Midnight in Paris- my favorite eyeliner. Replaced with the same from stash.

Avon Extra Lasting Eyeshadow Pencil in Crystal Taupe- this has been long discontinued, which is a shame because these were great eyeshadow sticks. Replaced with a Mally Shadowstick in Saddle Shimmer from the stash.

How about you?

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 5/14

When dry skin becomes an itchy, flakey nightmare, it's time for maximum  measures. This intense (some say magical) body loti… | Emollient, Body  lotion, Alba botanica

I actually emptied the bottle and I think it's the first time I've ever used this much lotion.

The stuff really works! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Since I use the same products over and over, I never have anything exciting to report.

Used up Amara Beauty 20% Vitamin C Serum - replaced with same

Tossed oodles of old makeup but haven't bought any new.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

Hi All,

I only used up a fulll size of Pantene Repair and Protect Shampoo.  I use it along with a few others in rotation.  I love how it makes my hair feel.  

Have a good week.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thinking I would start the thread if no one else did, but it's good you started it, @kathie66 .  I thought today was Thursday. 😳  

I finished:

-a 7 oz. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo (Unscented).  This was okay, I guess.  But it gave my hair that brittle feeling I'm not in love with.

-a 16.5 oz Baby Magic Gentle Hair & Body Wash.  My mother gave me this.  Must've been from when my niece and nephew were little.  I used it to wash my makeup sponge.  Then got sick of looking at it and started to use it on my hair and body to get it out of my bathroom.

-a 13 oz. OGX Coconut Miracle Oil Conditioner.  This is a nice conditioner.  It's moisturizing but not too heavy.  It smells nice.  Would repurchase.

-dumped a .15 oz. bottle of Josie Maran Argan Oil into my bottle of Acure Argan oil.  So, I guess I didn't use it up, but I know I will forget to post it if I wait until I use up the Acure bottle.

I put two samples of mud masks in my donation box.  My skin is too dry to use that stuff anymore, and I have some kaolin clay powder to make a mask if I really want to.

That's it for this week!!  I hope everyone has a nice weekend. 🌷

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Just 1 thing for me in the past 2 weeks:

Neutrogena HydroBoost Hand Cream. Not my favorite. I like their Body Balm much better!

@mistriTsquirrel I totally get it. I thought today was Saturday! 

Happy Weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@just bee, what is the scent like on that?  I have that size bottle of the unscented and while I like the lotion itself, the unscented has a bad smell to it.  It almost smells like Elmer's glue.  I'm not a fan.  I'm more than half done with it so I'll use it up but I won't buy the unscented again.  

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Thanks @kathie66 for starting the post this week.

This week I used up a 19oz tub of Josie Maran's body butter.  I always buy the unscented.  Replaced with Philosophy Fresh Cream body cream from my stash.  Working through body creams/butters in my stash.

Also used up Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid exfoliant in the gray bottle.  Replaced with her other BHA exfoliant choice in the blue bottle.  Wanted to see which one Iike.  May or may not continue to use it.

Thats all for me this week.  Hope everyone is well and has a good week!

Honored Contributor

Mine is a 2 week total.

Philosophy Micro Delivery Wash - small size.  This came in a kit with some other products.  This was pretty old.  I have always liked this product but I have so many scrubs like this, I won't repurchase right now.

ELF Brow Pencil - full size.  This is the super cheap $2.00 pencil.  This is decent for the price but it is rather waxy and it isn't the most long lasting pencil.  I have found that if I am going anywhere after work, I typically need to reapply this.  I have replaced it with a CoverGirl microbrow pencil that I like much better.

Nexxus Finishing Mist Hairspray - full size.  I have gone through cans of this as it's my normal hairspray.  However, Beauty Brands had its 50% off hairspray sale so I bought several other hairsprays to try and am using a Matrix one now.  I do have a few more cans of Nexxus in my bathroom closet though.

Thrive Causemetics Mascara - full size.  I'm not sure this is one I'd buy again. I find this very overhyped.  The good:  I like the tube.  It is very substantial and pretty. This feels like a high quality mascara.  This also adds nice length and it doesn't budge once applied.  If you have watery eyes, this is fantastic for that.  The bad:  I hate the bristles (plastic) on the wand.  I have to be very careful not to get too close to the base of my lashes or I poke my eyes and it hurts.  I do not find this mascara to give good volume at all which is what I need more than length.  And, since this is a tubing mascara, the removal is different and I'm not sure I'm crazy about that.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@just bee, what is the scent like on that?  I have that size bottle of the unscented and while I like the lotion itself, the unscented has a bad smell to it.  It almost smells like Elmer's glue.  I'm not a fan.  I'm more than half done with it so I'll use it up but I won't buy the unscented again.  

@Lipstickdiva 

I had intended to buy the unscented but now I'm glad I didn't.  I have the original and maximun formulas and I'm happy with both.  The scents are similar but both are very light and non-lingering -- which is what I wanted.

I think I know what you mean by "glue" because I can catch a slight whiff of that, but only slight.  The product is so effective that I can overlook any scent issues.  Works well.  Finally found a lotion I can use consistently.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~