Regular Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 2/24

@Swedishmiss   If you check view your deal dot com, today they are offering Butter London products half price.  They do have a Serum Shadow, but only in Maplewood.  If that's your color, it's a good deal!

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

My DRMTLGY Tinted Moisturizer SPF is at its last squirt a few days ago and another is on its way. I've been testing it out, so didn't have a backup.

My Primal Greens drink (does that count? On busy days when I just ngrab a yogut for luch, I miss out on my veggies and some nutrients. Started on this about 6 months ago

@Shanus - am wondering if you like the DRMTLGY tinted moisturizer with spf better than the ELTA MD spf you were using.  I bought the ELTA MD one after hearing how much you liked it.  Just curious which one you like better. 

@JudyL @Shanus 

I would be interested as well in how you compare the DMTLGY v ELTA MD. I was reading reviews of the DMTLGY and they mentioned a smell ... that's a no for me if it does have any fragrance at all.

TIA.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@JudyL   They're both good. The EltaMD is not tinted. The DRMTLGY one is tinted and is a bit more moisturizing. I'm using both until the EltaMD is gone and reordered the DRMTLGY.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357   I'm not finding any fragrance in the DRMTLGY SPF. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus

I was just going by what one of the reviewers said about the smell being so strong. Not sure if it was a fragrance or something else. On another note, the Elta MD does have a tinted version. It costs more than the DRMTGLY product. I'm looking for a tinted moisturizer w/ spf to wear when I run in the mornings. 

Ingredient Deck for DRMTGLY tinted moisturizer:

Ingredient Highlights

Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Vitamin E, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Octinoxate, Knotweed Extract

Active Ingredients

Zinc Oxide 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%

All Ingredients

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Niacinamide, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycerin, Polygonum Aviculare Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-7 Trimethylolpropane Coconut Ether, Polyisobutene, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium EDTA, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol

elta md.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

QRx Eye Reboot Serum- didn’t really use it up or pitch it, but never received the bottle I believed ordered a couple of weeks ago.  I forgot about it until it dawned on me the other day that it never arrived.  I must have thought I ordered, but got sidetracked and didn’t complete the purchase.  I decided to skip it for now.

The Ordinary Argireline - opened a new one from my stash

Estée Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation (Ivory Beige) - have one in my stash, ready to open

Clinique Smart Clinical Repair Eye Cream (sample) - finished the sample jar this morning.  I didn’t notice anything special about it.  I have another sample jar that I’m probably going to pitch.  I just ordered a new eye cream to try instead.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

What does Argireline do for your skin/face? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I don't think I know what it' supposed to do or how you work it into your routine.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

What does Argireline do for your skin/face? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I don't think I know what it' supposed to do or how you work it into your routine.

@kate2357 The chemical name is Acetyl Hexapeptide-8.  With consistency, it helps to relax or soften dynamic wrinkles (the ones that come with repeated facial movement).

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Ok...thank you.

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties!

I didn't use up anything but I did get rid of a couple things: tossed The Ordinary Multi Peptide Hair serum 2oz-  it was about half gone and I was using it on my receding hairline. I just didn't see where it was making any difference and was tired of looking at it.

Also tossed an eye serum I had picked up from Dollar tree. I think I used it once or twice and just never went back to it. I have several other serums here if I want to use one, I just haven't been using a lot of skincare lately.

Set aside to donate a tube of Tom's of Maine childrens toothpaste, (I think my sister gave me this, we don't have little kids anymore),a retinol serum from Dollar Tree that I never opened, and a Not Your Mother's hairgel that was just too stiff for me to use. I did use it once or twice and I normally wouldn't donate used items but it's just a hair gel. They can toss it if they don't want it.

That's it for me, I'm getting close on a couple other things so hopefully I'll have more to report next week!