Trusted Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 2/11

We will soon be losing the mask mandates in the school district where I work. So, I decided to look through my lip products in anticipation of wearing them again without a mask. I threw out 1 lipstick, 1 lipgloss, and 5 lipliners. The products were either dried up, smelled bad, or were not to my liking anymore. Then I threw out a Tarte eyeshadow palette that was too dark for me.

I have more to go through, but as they say, one day at a time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finished a bottle of Gucci Bamboo Eau de Toilette.

Replaced with a bottle of Givenchy Amarige Eau de Toilette. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

yesterday--Sunday--threw away a new-ish mascara---am having horribe issues finding one I like-----

Honored Contributor

Finally have some empties!  Hourglass Primer.  Have a backup.  Glow Recipe Watermelon Moisturizer.  Have a backup.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

What are you looking for in a mascara?  My favorite before switching to false lashes (I still use it for my bottom lashes) is Loreal's Telescopic mascara.  It's a lengthening mascara.  Sometimes I would use a volumizing mascara over it but I'm not remembering what it was Smiley Sad  There are SO many new mascaras tho.  Hope you find one you like.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm ---actually, what I'm looking for---are decent lashes---I lost all my hair going thru chemo in 2012---my brows are kind of whacky but can manage those --it's my short, stubby, straight top lashes and my almost non existent bottom ones---not sure I can even use a curling thingy on the top ones, they are so short. and when I do use mascara, it leaves "crumbs" near the lash line on my lids--- and just plain smears on the bottom----I have that very tiny IT tightline mascara brush as it has tiny bristles as the huge fat ones are a disaster for me.  have tried all the major brands---you name it, I've tried it--and thought about false lashes but really, I don't wear mascara much anymore so not sure its worth it. such a really small thing in the grand scheme compared to what I went thru----maddening however!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

Are false lashes anything you would consider since you don't wear mascara much and when you do, your real lashes are so short it's almost not worth it?   Love love love love love my false lashes!  I can do low key (ha!) or high drama and anything in between.  I understand wanting them to look good since eyes are what people look at the most.  Good for you for wanting to be your best self after what you've been thru.  Thankfully you survived!  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm ---tried them once--but never got the hang of it--- but I know , as with all things, ya gotta practice so will maybe find a pair and play---but they are way to long to be believeable on me---

yes, these minor annoyances, in the big picture, are so  small --been thru much worse and came out on top. am very grateful to have survived this long---thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

yesterday--Sunday--threw away a new-ish mascara---am having horribe issues finding one I like-----

Have you tried Borghese?  I really like the mascara.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl 

They make believable short ones.  I just bought some last week.  I didn't like them and they were hard to apply.  With my hooded eyes, the longer ones look better and camouflage the hooded-ness.

These are probably the most popular shorter lashes.  I think @Shanus uses these on her clients.  I didn't care for them tho.

Ardell Professional Fake Lashes Faux Mink Wispies, Black,  4 Pairs

These are shorter too but the ones with the band like these are a little harder to apply (to me).

KISS Lash Couture Faux Mink False Eyelashes, Little Black Dress, 4 Pairs

This is what I bought last week and didn't care for.  It felt like the shortness was the reason they didn't want to stick.  Bleh!

Salon Perfect Winged Lash, 692, 2 Pairs