Trusted Contributor

What did you use up this week? 11/18

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Philosophy Purity Makeup Wipes- these were fine. Replaced with Skinn Olive & Enzyme Wipes from the stash.

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body Butter- a favorite. Replaced with an open jar of Origins Ginger Souffle. 

Glow by Dr. Brandt Overnight Resurfacing Serum- this was a nice serum and it lasted a long time. I also liked the packaging, it had a nice pump. Replaced with First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum from the stash.

Origins Modern Friction- this was a nice exfoliator, but if it got anywhere close to my eyes they burned like crazy. (my eyes are really sensitive) I wouldn't purchase it again for that reason. Replaced with a Dr. Brandt Exfoilator from the stash.

How about you?

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday!

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Trusted Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 11/18

I used up my patience with my husband.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent 

Uh-oh 🤣

We celebrated our 43rd anniversary yesterday.  43 years ago yesterday I said to myself, as I was getting ready for my wedding, "how do you keep the same thing forever?" LOL. I'm glad he puts up with me and my quirkiness, I don't know if any other man could.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm 

Congrats!

Many Blessings to You and Your husband.

The 22nd of this month will be 56 years for us.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent 

Congratulations to you as well!

My parents will celebrate 64 or 65 on the 23rd of November.

Respected Contributor

Hi beauties.  Congrats ladies on your anniversaries.  I used up:

Aveda cherry almond body lotion.  I like Aveda products.  One friend gifts me this brand every year.  They make nice body/hand lotions and scrubs.

Cotton rounds.  X large.  How am I possibly out of these?    Mainly use them for polish removal.  I like the extra large ovals.  Need to replace. 

Scentworx gingerbread body wash.  Smelled very much like cookies.  I prefer philosophy which is more like ginger ale.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  I hope you have a great holiday!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Beauties!

Just one for me this week:

a tube of CeraVe Tinted Mineral Sunscreen. I won't replace this, not because the product isn't great, I loved it. What I didn't like was the messy tube it came in, It's one of the flat topped, flip top bottles. It was just a mess all the time. Replaced with my old fave Australian Gold Tinted Mineral Sunscreen.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I didn't use up one thing this week.  It's been a weird week for me so that doesn't suprirse me.  Looking forward to everyone's posts though!

Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, Beauties.  We had a fantastic time last night.  We saw Steven Curtis Chapman in concert.  We've been fans since the beginning and have attended so many of his concerts that I've lost count. He's 60 now, but isn't slowing down and still does an amazing job on his guitar.  The audience knew all the songs and sang along. I imagine that has to be gratifying to an artist, to realize how their work has impact countless people over the years.

Hers my list...

Venus Disposable Razor - pitched one and took a new one from the pack

Skinn Lip Palettes (2) - very old and rarely used.  I initially liked the colors, but found it inconvenient to take them along because they require a lip brush for application.  Pitched

Skinn Eye Age Reset - I forgot to include this on this week’s purchases list.  I’m on an A/S plan for a duo.  I used my last earlier this week and the new shipment arrived a couple of days later.  I only use 1/2-3/4 of a pump and split it between both eyes so they last several months.

Neutrogena Bright Boost Facial Polish - had a small amount left in the tube that I wanted to use up.  It’s an OK product,, for a drugstore brand.  I’m still partial to the Vasanti  Brighten Up, although I will be trying the Naturium  Fermented Rice Enzyme Cleanser when my December Amazon subscriptions are delivered.

Vie Beauty Eyelash Serum - this stuff is fantastic!  I have a tube of a lash serum from The Ordinary that’s open, but will resume with Vie Beauty as soon as The Ordinary is used up - probably by next week.  I already have the Vie Beauty ready and waiting.

Tweak’d Styling Creme (tall, narrow bottle) - used up, but I have others (including some supersizes) in my stash. I have the Jatamansi, pumpkin spice scented one opened right now, too, so I’ll continue with that one.  It works the same and I don’t really detect a whole lot of scent.

Tweak’d Revitalizing Mist (Wild Summer Apricot) - it’s a bit to moisturizing for me so my fine hair goes flat. I learned that I need the volumizing and Rise ‘n’ Shine versions.  Pitched

Benefit Fake Up Concealer - I don’t use concealer anymore.  This is several years old and it smells funny.  Pitched

Mac Powder Kiss Liquid Lip (2) - bought these because I wanted to see what the Mac hype was all about. Maybe I chose the wrong product, but I didn’t like them at all.  Tried a few times and they ended up in a drawer and forgotten about.  Pitched.

Skinn Baum Riche Lip Treatment Duo A/S - I purchased these on a flash sale recently, and chose their A/S plan that was offered.  When I checked the future shipments they were at the regular price.  I called and the CSA refused to help or correct it so I told her I was returning what I bought and wanted HSN to comp the shipping, which she did, and I canceled the A/S.  My shipment arrived Wednesday, it was back in our box for pickup yesterday.

Sending Safe Travel and Happy Thanksgiving Blessings to all!  🌻 🚗 ✈️  🍁🦃🙏😊

Esteemed Contributor

Gone, but not forgotten because I had backups:

Dr. Teal's Body Wash Glow & Radiance

Alpha retinol @.15% (a long-time standby, because my skin can use this daily, and is still effective for me.)

(Does anyone know if Alpha-H is the same company as Alpha? It looks like the same A symbol. If so, Alpha-H has a stronger retinol serum.)