Honored Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 10/22

@hummermom wrote:

@Shanus The Murad Resurgence Replenishing Multi-Acid Peel really works to eliminate clogged pores! I was reluctant because I thought it might be too harsh, but it's not.

I've tried the PTR pads and philosophy peels, but this one is much more effective. 

I'm glad I could recommend a product for you, Shanus. I've benefited from many of your product and makeup suggestions!

@hummermom   I have some research to do, so thanks for the recommendation and compliment.

Respected Contributor

Hi beauty friends.  I used up:

BBW Japanese cherry blossom hand sanitizer.  1 oz.  Replaced with a bottle of hand sanitizer from CVS.  .19 cents, so they were dumping some.  Got three of them for the car.  

Colgate total mouthwash.  Replaced with a CVS mint mouthwash.  I usually get what is on sale.  

That’s it, have a great weekend.  Stay well!

Honored Contributor

I used up a Paula's Choice Oil cleanser.  Had another one in my stash.  When done with this one, I may try a balm cleaser as the oil is kinda messy.  Like it, it does a good job, just messy.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Respected Contributor

I finished a container of Tru Hair in light brown. I have mixed feelings on this. There are times my scalp looks orange and other times it blends well.  I think the medium brown is right for me but who knows now that I haven't colored in almost 8 months. I may try the new Tru Hair its  not powder but a waxy consistency with a sponge applicator. I have really problematic thinning hair. 

TJ bar soap oatmeal and almond. it lasts a long time for me. The smell is divine. TJ has great soap.

I filled up my 8oz. Purity bottle again. Also refilled a 1oz. Tatcha Camelia cleansing oil.

Thats all for me. Nice Weekend to all! 

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend! 

I used up: Andalou Naturals Ultra Sheer Daily Defense SPF 18 Facial Lotion- I've been using this as a daily moisturizer for a few years now and have one more here to replace it with. I also bought an Equate brand moisturizer SPF 15 that looks like a dupe for an Aveeno product that is cheaper that I will try.

A mini e.l.f. nail polish from a set that I got a few years ago at Christmas. This was a medium purple color. I don't polish my nails much anymore and if I do, it's usually a light color on my hands, darker on my feet, so not a repurchase for now. I do have other polishes here of course. 

That's it for me, have a great weekend everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Boscia Peppermint Blotting Linens - This is a staple for me and I usually buy it during the Sephora sale but I noticed that they stopped carrying Boscia! I see it's carried at Ulta too. This will be a repurchase as long as I can easily get it. It's a good size for the price and soaks up the oils on my face at the end of the day.

Urban Decay Ultra Matte All Nighter Setting Spray mini - I think this really did mattify me, a little too much. It also left some visible drops on my face that I would have to go back and blot off. In the end I mixed it with some regular All Nighter. I will stick with the regular All Nighter. The nozzles on all the UD setting sprays are so good. Strong but fine mist that doesn't clog.

Tossed:

EM Lip Cushion in Magic Hour - I really wanted this tinted balm but after using it for several months, don't like it. It's more of a thin, slippy consistency. The color also barely showed up on my lips. The applicator is also not good for us curious types that want to know how much product is still left. It can only be clicked up and not retractable. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I clicked it all the way up. I had about 1 cm left and I just gave up. I prefer the texture of the Glossier Ultralip.

Charlotte Tilbury Take It All Off Eye Makeup Remover mini - This came in a kit I got a few years ago. It's fine but I prefer using a cleansing oil to remove all my makeup.

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer deluxe sample - This was the Sephora bday gift the other year. I've tried it before and something about it doesn't sit well with me. I think it actually makes me oilier even though it's supposed to be oil-free and good for humidity.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Good morning @kathie66 .

1.This week I used up (actually poured out the last bit) of my lavender body wash from A. It was not as moisturizing as stated. 

2. I'm also finished with my first purchase of The Odinary Vit. C serum and will repurchase.

3. I used up my PTR Peel Pads at the beginning of the week and am not replacing. Any recommendations for different ones welcome.

@Shanus I use the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. It says it can be used daily but I only use it once or twice a week. I usually buy it as part of a kit so the price point works out for me. I've cut back on acids in my routine so this works well for now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bringing this over from the 10/15 thread where I posted it this morning as I thought it was the latest one...this didn't come up in my search (anyone know if we can bookmark a thread here?)

Anyway: 

Hello all~love reading what everyone uses up, likes or not.

As for me...not much, but last week my shower soap rock is getting small...falling through the cracks of my shower caddy. Switched it to the soap dish on the bathtub ledge, and added a Dove bar. Blast from the past for me.

I have so many bar soaps to go through first...but...I think I'm going back to Dove products. Love the clean, simple scent, creaminess of the bar and price. And I've been toying with using more drugstore brands which are just as good as some of the fancy stuff I have used over the years. Still love my soap rocks...have a stash because the boutique I worked for a few years back, that closed, sold Soaprocks and when they were "selling everything must go!" at %60 off, I bought them up.

So...that's my dissertation on soaps! lol.

Other than that...as I said in an earlier post, I'm now on my last Philosophy bubble bath/shower gel from my 2020 seasonal set of 6~Snow Angel. And again my auto-delivery (I intended to use this fall) of Fresh Cream shower gel/Body Butter set is pushed back yet again! Sigh. Really QVC? Get it together already.

Also, getting to the last drops of Sea of Love cologne from 2020, (used it both 2020 and 2021 summer, good thing, Philosophy didn't bring it back this year) and a Falling In Love cologne I've also had for a few years from a set of cream/gel/cologne.

Not replacing either for now. Still have other fragrances I'm using, and wouldn't replace them anyway for now. I may be done with P fragrances...hardly smell them on you anymore. "Tks Coty."

Also, finished a random hand wash from Marshall's..it was pretty, fig and something. Anyway, emptied the rest into my sink dispenser...no replacement in stash, at some point I'll buy something new. Not in places like Marshall's, TJ's as often now.

I keep a liquid dispenser as well as a dish with hand-soap on the vanity, so it doesn't get used up that fast.

That's all I can think of for now~have a good week!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finished a Laura Geller INKcredible in Blackberry.  I have another in my stash because this is my favorite black eyeliner. Finished a bottle of Quelques Roses body lotion.  I will have to check Ebay for a new one because QQRoses has been discontinued for a while. The last item I used up was another Pur Minerals 4-in1 compact.  I have been using this product for years 20 years and it is a repeat buy staple in my makeup case.  The Golden Dark color is so perfect for me that I use it to help choose a color when I'm shopping for foundations from other brands.