Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 10/21

@Shanus wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

Serious C Vitamin C pads  replaced with same

JVN volumizing shampoo replaced with JVN hydrating shampoo

@ninjawife   I've been using the entire JVN line (shampoo and styling products) for over 6 months. I have a new head of hair!!! Love it and have backups in each product.

@Shanus I also have the entire line and while I really like how my hair turns out, my hair is often tangled after washing and condiditoning even though I comb through my conditioner.  I am hoping I will get a different result by switching to the hydrating shampoo.

Trusted Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@ninjawife   I've been using the entire JVN line (shampoo and styling products) for over 6 months. I have a new head of hair!!! Love it and have backups in each product.

@Shanus I also have the entire line and while I really like how my hair turns out, my hair is often tangled after washing and condiditoning even though I comb through my conditioner.  I am hoping I will get a different result by switching to the hydrating shampoo.

@ninjawife @Shanus  Would you mind sharing what you like so much about this line? TIA 😊 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@BExplorer I use the shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, heat protectant, a conditioning mist and a finishing oil.  I only wash my hair every three days and deep condition once a week.  On the days I wash and blow dry I use the entire set.  On the days I don't wash and blow dry, I refresh my hair with the conditioning mist although it is kind of thick for a mist so i spray it on my hands and work it through mid length to ends.  

I really like it b/c the shampoos do not have sulfates and the conditioners and styling products have no silicones.  I have color treated hair that goes past my shoulders.  Recently I have been wearing it striaght.  In using these products my hair is smooth, shiny and frizz free.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much @ninjawife !  I have used WEN for the past 10 or so years and I am very happy with it, but would not be opposed to something different for when I travel. WEN is quite a bit to pack up.  I have tried several different shampoos and conditioners, but nothing gives my hair the moisture and body that WEN. 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I've got some things to add this week....

Skinn Facial Cleansing Oil - found a bottle that has a small amount left so I took it with on our trip and used it up

Essence Lash Primer - opened a new one from the stash

Prai Throat & Décollete Cream (AM) - opened a new jar

NYX Bronzing Serum - it was a small tube so it didn’t last long.  I liked it at first but then it became  kinda “meh”, IMO.  I’ll stick with a powdered option

Skinn Divine Elixir Luminous Eye Oil - I lost my bottle that still had a little in it.  Opened a new one.

Haircare & toiletries travel bag - pitched it because I broke the zipper.

Old IT Blush Brush - pitched it, but had a new one in the stash

Have a great weekend, Beauties.  Get outside and enjoy the colors! 🍁🌻🎃🍂

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everybody!

I finished a bottle of the Josie Maran Argon Milk and of course I had a back up ready. I do love this stuff.  

I also went through my skin care and make up to purge some things I have not been using and or only a little bit left in the bottle and I don't plan to replace.  Guess you can say I am ready to move on from some stuff:

Nakry Beauty Handy and Body Wash in Rose Scent-- just ok.  It's a little too thick IMO and I don't like a tube for a wash.  It should be a pump.

Julep eye shadow pens. Hardly used and I have had a long time.

Josie Maran almost empty Vitamin C Serum and Resurfacing serum-- I wanted to love these.  The vitamin c made no difference to my skin.  The resurfacing didn't seem to play well with something else I use.  Not sure but enough product was used I don't feel bad pitching the rest.  Unfortunately I have another bottle of the resurfacing in my stash.  

Kat von d liquid blush- wanted to love this but I just could not get the hang of the tube and how much product to use.  

DiorShow blush- this was just ok.  Kinda old and I never reached for it. 

Thrive concealer- I used for a while and liked but then stopped and haven't used in a long time.  I tested it and I think the color changed.

Tatcha Eye Pearl-  used to wear and loved but haven't in a while, more than half the jar was used.  I also have an unopened one.  Time for this one to go.  LOL

Bare Minerals Bronzer- was old and haven't used all summer.  I prefer Laura Geller

Elf Eyebrow kit-- half used and old.  I prefer Wet n Wild's version

Right now all of this is in a separate bag in case I have a change of hear before garbage day.  LOL  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tossed a Doll 10 mascara that was getting old and seemed to bother my eyes the last time I wore it.  Replaced with Tarte Lights Camera Lashes from Stash.   Know that I love the IT mascara but the Doll 10 was ok too.

Tossed an IT Tightline mascara that was getting old and replaced with the same. 

That's it for me this week.  Hope you beauties have a great weekend and get to enjoy the color!

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@ninjawife 

@ninjawife   Not sure you knew there's an additional Nuturing Conditioner in a tube w/ a key so you can use it all to the end. I use this every other time for extra moisture.
Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties!

The only thing I got rid of this week was another Tula face cleanser 1oz- I added this one to my hand soap too, I didn't care for it for my face, too drying. I don't know where I got all of these samples sizes from, I know I ordered some sets quite a while back, time to start going thru and using some of them up.

My son used up a bar of Shea Moisture african black soap, I replaced it with another one for hm. He said he likes using it for acne. I don't have any more backups and will try to get him another one. They sell it at my local Kroger which is nice. 

That's it for me, have a great weekend everyone!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@ninjawife 

@ninjawife   Not sure you knew there's an additional Nuturing Conditioner in a tube w/ a key so you can use it all to the end. I use this every other time for extra moisture.

@ Shanus  I do use the Nuture Deep Condiditoner once a week which is every other shampoo for me.  I think it is the volumizing shampoo that is the culprit as it is supposed to be clairfying and I don't need that.