Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 1/14

Hi beauties.  I used up:  

Ulta eye liner.   Broke off near end end of it.  Tossed.  Was probably 70% used.  I enjoy these but have others open and maybe two new ones still to open.   

BBW sanitizer.  Small Japanese cherry blossom.  

@KBEANS  I really try to limit the sanitizer to only times I truly don't have access to soap and water.  So mostly maybe in the car after a stop at a store.  My hands are much better with more limited use.  Winter of course is worse.  I use many different hand creams.  Not one brand sticks out.  

Have a great weekend beauties.  Stay safe and warm.  Snow is on its way.  Sunday into Monday here in PA.

Respected Contributor

PTR Cucumber Gel Mask- It was not hydrating and no noticeable affects. Did not replace. 

Jane Iredale BB - I looked at myself in the rearview mirror in daylight and it looked  too yellow and opaque.  Not my usual foundation. Tossed.

Clinique All About Eyes- I have used this for many years  over and over but  now using IT Bye Bye Under eye cream and Genifique Eye instead. Did not replace.

Tarte Mascara- Nothing wrong with it but needed to change out after almost four months. Replaced with Two Faced.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KBEANS wrote:

Hello Beauty Friends,

I need to refill my  8oz Purity Made Simple cleanser from my Supersize bottle again. I just love this. I also use it as a clarifying shampoo every once and again. I also use it on my dogs paws when he comes home from walks.

I threw away a couple of 2 oz empty hand sanitizer bottles. I have too many that I refill and it was definitely time to toss.

These sanitizers are wrecking my hands. Hand cream recommendations anyone?

I just use either my JM body butter with a few drops of her oil mixed or AG illuminating body cream with the added argan oil drops as well. I like Ahava but won't be buying yet.  I've really dedicated myself to use the the products I already have. 

Have a nice long weekend!

Hi @KBEANS ...I just updated my post above, to name the handcream I just tried (I too have very dry hands, and yes, all this disinfectant sure has a drying affect too, on top of winter!)...It is O'keefe's Working Hands. Unscented. Got it at CVS. Just put some on and got relief. Emollient. Absorbs right into my hands. Feels immediately better and seems to last long. Only the second time I've put it on; just bought it yesterday. Hope that helps.

Trusted Contributor

@KBEANS The one that works for me when hands get bad is L'occtaine. Also, Neutrogena Norwegian Handcream ( I only use this at night ) is good for my hands. I also would try limiting the hand sanitizer or using a different one if you can. I find that Trader Joes Hand Sanitizing Spray is less irritating to my hands than other sanitizers that you rub in. I use this in my car after shopping and at work when I can't use soap and water which is a lot, as I work in a special needs classroom at an Elementary school and can't always get to the sink.  Hope your hands feel better soon!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Happy weekend!

I used up: an Ulta mini lip gloss 1.5 ml- this came in a Christmas set a few years ago. I got different set not this year, but the year before, of 36 mini lippies. I don't wear them often so I won't need to buy any for a long time unless they go bad.

Suave Almond and Shea Butter shampoo 12.6 oz- a staple for me, but replaced it with a Garnier that was on sale.

First Aid Ultra Repair Cream 1oz in pink grapefruit- This was in a sampler I got from Ulta. It was fine, but I didn't see where it was special enough to justify the price, not a purchase.

Kiddos used up: Kroger brand dandruff shampoo and conditioner 14.2oz in green apple scent- replaced with another.

An 8 ct pack of charcoal nose pore strips from Dollar Tree, I forget the brand. My son was getting blackheads so I picked up one box of these for him to try and I haven't seen them at the store since. I do have a small container of a mud mask that he can try. I'll have to ask him if he thinks they worked before I grab more.

That's it for me this week, have a good week everyone!

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@KBEANS wrote:

Hello Beauty Friends,

I need to refill my  8oz Purity Made Simple cleanser from my Supersize bottle again. I just love this. I also use it as a clarifying shampoo every once and again. I also use it on my dogs paws when he comes home from walks.

I threw away a couple of 2 oz empty hand sanitizer bottles. I have too many that I refill and it was definitely time to toss.

These sanitizers are wrecking my hands. Hand cream recommendations anyone?

I just use either my JM body butter with a few drops of her oil mixed or AG illuminating body cream with the added argan oil drops as well. I like Ahava but won't be buying yet.  I've really dedicated myself to use the the products I already have. 

Have a nice long weekend!

Hi @KBEANS ...I just updated my post above, to name the handcream I just tried (I too have very dry hands, and yes, all this disinfectant sure has a drying affect too, on top of winter!)...It is O'keefe's Working Hands. Unscented. Got it at CVS. Just put some on and got relief. Emollient. Absorbs right into my hands. Feels immediately better and seems to last long. Only the second time I've put it on; just bought it yesterday. Hope that helps.

@amyb - Is the O'Keefe's that you are using like a liquid lotion, or a balm in a tub? I bought something of this brand a few years ago, in a tub, like a balm, and didn't care for it at all. It reminded me more of something like vaseline, that didn't soak in but instead, created a barrier. I didn't like it at all and ended up giving it away, but a lotion might be worth a try. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rnmom @KBEANS The O'Keefe I bought is "Hand Cream" and is in a tube.

Definitely a white cream...lotion, absorbs and it not a "vaseline" type barrier product.

It is really just like the Gold Bond Hand Cream...I just like it better for some reason...seems to work and last more for me.

Also, as somone mentioned here, I also just thought of "L'Occintane Shea Butter" is a good one too. While the L'occitane feels more "luxurious", I believe the O'Keefe is a bit thicker and richer, longer lasting, and definitely less expensive. I'm glad I tried it; going to look for same brand in a foot cream next.

Respected Contributor

@amyb - Thank you, I'll try to remember to keep my eyes open for it 

Trusted Contributor

I actually have quite the list this week! At least for me.

Batiste volumizing dry shampoo.  This is the very best one I have tried.  It adds enough volume that I rarely use my Tweak'd by nature fiber spray or Living Proof Dry Spray.   I had a back up on hand, as we beauty women are apt to do

travel size R+CO Dallas texture spritz-  this is sort of like a salt spray but more effective for the texture.  I like this a lot and use the other items in the line including a volumizing treatment at my salon.  I picked up the full size so I was ready! ha!

Tatcha Violet C- Love this serum. .  I am slowing becoming tatcha exclusive in my skin care.  The only skin care item I don't use is a tatcha moisturizer.  I am still a Josie Maran Argan user.  I like the Milk, the Reserve, the Milk Eye cream and the Divine Cream.

Omg I love the purity made simple cleaner. Its my favorite!!! I love the way my lips and skin feel afterwards. Im hoping my favorite cosmetics company library of colors add cleansers. Www. Libraryofcolors .com in case you ever want to check them out. Enjoy your weekend.