Honored Contributor

Re: What did you do that helped your hair grow faster & thicker?

@Carmie Count me in!!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I've always had long hair and good hair.  Aside from good genes...I attribute that to a couple of things.  First...I believe less is more.  I don't use product in my hair, I shampoo maybe twice a week, I air dry and minimally use a straightening iron with only one pass through my hair, I never put oils on my scalp because of residue, I don't overbrush or overcomb or over-manipulate my hair.  I protect my hair from the sun and wind by not exposing it for any length of time to the elements.

Secondly...my hair seems even stronger and with virtually no split ends since I changed my higher carb diet to a higher protein diet.  I eat salmon 2-3 times per week and that has improved luster as well as improving my nails.

One thing I would urge anyone to do regarding supplements is to research all supplements and/or check with your doctor before just taking them on someone's say so.  In certain instances supplements can cause harm.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@January121 wrote:

I use Ojon shampoo & conditioner ....my hair grows really fast & is very thick!

I used to love Ojon but then QVC stopped selling it, where do you find it? I like the treatment stuff, I forgot what it's called, dark brown stuff you put in your hair...

Ojon is sold on Origins website.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@January121 wrote:

I use Ojon shampoo & conditioner ....my hair grows really fast & is very thick!

I used to love Ojon but then QVC stopped selling it, where do you find it? I like the treatment stuff, I forgot what it's called, dark brown stuff you put in your hair...

Ojon is sold on Origins website.

Ulta still carries Ojon too.  The dark brown stuff is the Restorative Treatment which I referenced in my previous post. 

Frequent Contributor

While I don't suggest you do this to make your hair grow, I have a funny answer, I got preggers (and no not to make my hair grow lol) omg my hair grew like a weed while I was preggers & now even after having my lil one 3yrs ago all I do is wash it with whatever shampoo & conditioner on had at the time & it grows & grows
Honored Contributor

@andrea il wrote:
While I don't suggest you do this to make your hair grow, I have a funny answer, I got preggers (and no not to make my hair grow lol) omg my hair grew like a weed while I was preggers & now even after having my lil one 3yrs ago all I do is wash it with whatever shampoo & conditioner on had at the time & it grows & grows

It's our crazy hormones that help during pregnacy but hinder during menopause.  ;-)

Must be some extra good stuff during those 9 months that makes hair so healthy, too.

Hugs to your cutie...

Respected Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I can not get my hair to grow no matter what. Cut off my damaged ends still my hair does not grow, i take vitamins every day and use leave-ins designed for strengthening your hair. Still no growth. Only my bangs grow.  I just bought a shampoo meant for strengthening and hopefully that will help.  I been trying pantene beautiful lengths and my hair feel s so much stronger and thicker so I am keeping my fingers crossed. 

That's exactly how my hair is. I tried Biotin and it made no difference whatsoever. I use Wen and whenever I use the oils I can see new hairs coming out but it doesn't do anything for the existing hair. My bangs grow like crazy but the rest hardly grows at all. 

Valued Contributor

I use Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin and Nails supplements and I eat a lot spinach.  I noticed that my nails grow fast and maybe my hair.  It is not thicker.  I am 61 so I am in that stage of life, so I am trying to keep my hair from thinning.  My stylist says that it is fine.

Respected Contributor

I use WEN and also put the TT oil on my scalp and ends nightly. My hair always grew but just broke off. Now it is down my back. I also take Lessmams' Healthy Hair Skin and Nails. That had sped up the growth. For those of you with new hair but frustrated by the old, I wonder if you have gotten hair trimmed above where it split. If not try that. Maybe it is still growing, but breaking at the same old point which it will do until you have gotten rid of the slit ends

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

biotin 100mcg or prenatal vitamins