Honored Contributor

Re: What did everyone purchase from Beauty Day?

Nothing. I didn't get to see a whole lot but every time I did tune in, it was the same thing over and over. The rollers TSV!

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 MrsSweetieBear said
Hi HappyDaze, I agree it can be a frustrating site. There is so much to see on there and some stuff can be difficult to find. But for the particular issue you mentioned, it's an easy fix. Just go back to the page you were looking at...

http://www.meowcosmetics.com/moderneyes2.htm

...and continue to scroll down on that same page. All the colors are shown up close and you can see the names easily.

Also, there are many more lavender shadows at Meow. My favorite is in the Joys of Summer collection. It is a seasonal collection so will be leaving probably next month. Check out Lazy Days ...

http://www.meowcosmetics.com/joysofsummer.htm

...remember to again continue to scroll farther down the page.

Sample baggies are $1.00. Full size are either 5g or 10g (depending on the collection/category) and run from $7 to $11. Minimum order is $10.00. To get the 25% off and FREE Shipping on this month's Founder's Day Sale, orders must be $40.00 before discount. Coupon code is Whirlwind. Not sure how much longer this Sale will be running.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks so much!! I will check out the ones you suggest too. I appreciate your help!

You're welcome HappyDaze, I just edited my post to include the coupon code, (duh) Whirlwind. The minimum for this Sale Code is $40.00. It has been running all month but I don't know the order deadline.

I do not recommend buying full sizes of anything however until you sample first. The colors are difficult to photograph and I don't always agree with the written color description either. Even seeing the minerals in person in the baggies does not tell you the real color until you apply to your face or eyes. I always suggest ordering a variety of samples first. I think there are over 300 shades of eye shadows in all the various seasonal as well as available year round collections!

There will be another Sale coming up soon enough where you can then order your selections in full size. There are usually 15-20% off with lower minimums.

THank you and thanks about the suggestion to get the samples first. I was looking for swatches of a few colors online and yeah, the swatches didn't quite match the color on their website or the description really, lol! If their shipping charge is reasonable, I will just order several samples of various colors (there are alot of pretty ones!). I appreciate your help and can't wait to try them! By the way, which are your favorites?

Trusted Contributor

HappyDaze - What are some of my favorites in just eye shadows you mean? I'm a green-eyed (medium olive) aging blonde. I can't do any of the beautiful blues or teals or the real wild stuff. I like the neutrals in shades of brown, beige, taupe, mauve, plum and lavender, soft pinks and peaches. I've been a satisfied customer for 7 years.

The Summer Seasonal Collections I have ordered from include:

In Joys of Summer - I love Lazy Days, Endless Nights, Iced Coffee* and Conch.

In Caribbean Escape - I love Coconut and Reggae

In Lost Rain Forest - I love Tribal and Jambu Fruit Dove

There are still other Summer Collections I have not tried.

In the regular available all the time some favorites are:

Stripped - I love Stark, Bare, Leafless and Pealed*

IdealEyes - Breakfast at Kitty's, You Had Me at Meow, and Twilight*

ModernEyes - Trashy, Passionate Puss, and Dr. ZhiCato

CatEyes (matte) I only use as a base Virgin or B~i~tchy (these are much lighter/softer almost cream vanilla colors than shown).

There are more but these are just a few of my favorites.

YMMV, of course, LOL!

* = a go to/most used

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

On 8/18/2014 myshell624 said:
On 8/18/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 8/17/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 8/17/2014 myshell624 said:
On 8/17/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 8/17/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 8/17/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Not one single thing from QVC, but I'm working on a list for other beauty purchases later today.

Haha -- yeah, the only full-size purchase I made was NCN's vitamin C! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Sorry, Q.

Excellent choice MS! Is this your first time trying it?

Nada for me rom Q. Did purchase Missha Time Revolution Essence online today, though.

Yes -- first time, and myshell ordered it too. I've been waffling for so long and I'm getting to the bottom of the ASDM bottle, so seeing that you and HD use it made up my mind for me. :-)

Ooh, I am so gonna want to know what you think of it! I went back to it after two bottles of PC that I purchased on sale. All I can say is, ahhh. Feels like a friend is back. Don't think I'll be straying again anytime soon. I'm sure at some point I'll be tempted, though. I love the way it applies and sinks in. Not as watery as PC and easier to apply alone.

Bella do you use it once or twice a day?

I typically use it a.m. only since I use NCN copper in the evening. Anxious to know what you think of it. Hope you love as much as me, HappyDaze, and SuzyQ3.

Hi Ladies, can you clarify which NCN Vitamin C it is that you use? I had tried the Vitamin C with glutathione but to me it felt thick and didn't absorb well. Plus I don't think glutathione works well with my skin cause I've had reactions to Isomers, Perricone & NCN products with glutathione in them. I can only use glutathione on wrinkled/lined areas, not all over my face and neck. I am currently using Paula's Choice Resist C15 but not crazy over that one either. I was considering trying the ASDM Vitamin C. Have any of you used both and if so, which do you prefer and why. TIA

I haven't got the NCN one yet. I should have it later this week. I have been using ASDM 15% MAP serum and I do really love it. The main reason I decided to try NCN' s vitamin c is because L-Ascorbic acid is supposed to be the best. I've had irritation with serums containing it in the past. Nancy says that even the most sensitive types can use hers, so I'm going to put it to the test and see how it works for me. I suffer from hyperpigmentation and am finally getting rid of my spots thanks to a prescription hydroquinone. I don't want them coming back. So for me, it's important that I chose products that will keep my skin looking great. L-Ascorbic acid has the most research to show that it can both lighten existing spots and prevent new ones from forming. Now, having said all that, ASDM also has a 15% L-ascorbic acid serum that a few have tried and are really liking. You may want to check it out too. I haven't used it but if you post a question about it on the ASDM sale thread someone should see it and give you some feedback. It doesn't contain glutathione.

Thanks Myshell. I may try the ASDM 15% L-ascorbic acid Vit C when I finish up the Paula's Choice. Once you've tried the NCN Vit C can you come back and post a review/comparison of NCN vs ASDM? Have you ever tried SkinActives Vitamin C? It is 20% in the kit and 15% in the premixed version and it also contains ascorbic acid. Plus it only runs about $15. I like it as well but I am a serial product junkie so am always looking for new stuff to try. Thanks again.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!