Super Contributor

Re: What did everyone purchase from Beauty Day?

On 8/17/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 8/17/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 8/17/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Not one single thing from QVC, but I'm working on a list for other beauty purchases later today.

Haha -- yeah, the only full-size purchase I made was NCN's vitamin C! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Sorry, Q.

Excellent choice MS! Is this your first time trying it?

Nada for me rom Q. Did purchase Missha Time Revolution Essence online today, though.

Yes -- first time, and myshell ordered it too. I've been waffling for so long and I'm getting to the bottom of the ASDM bottle, so seeing that you and HD use it made up my mind for me. :-)

Ooh, I am so gonna want to know what you think of it! I went back to it after two bottles of PC that I purchased on sale. All I can say is, ahhh. Feels like a friend is back. Don't think I'll be straying again anytime soon. I'm sure at some point I'll be tempted, though. I love the way it applies and sinks in. Not as watery as PC and easier to apply alone.

Bella do you use it once or twice a day?

Honored Contributor

Not one single thing from QVC, but I'm working on a list for other beauty purchases later today.

Haha -- yeah, the only full-size purchase I made was NCN's vitamin C! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Sorry, Q.

Nada for me rom Q. Did purchase Missha Time Revolution Essence online today, though.

Yes -- first time, and myshell ordered it too. I've been waffling for so long and I'm getting to the bottom of the ASDM bottle, so seeing that you and HD use it made up my mind for me. :-)

Ooh, I am so gonna want to know what you think of it! I went back to it after two bottles of PC that I purchased on sale. All I can say is, ahhh. Feels like a friend is back. Don't think I'll be straying again anytime soon. I'm sure at some point I'll be tempted, though. I love the way it applies and sinks in. Not as watery as PC and easier to apply alone.

I agree BC- I ended up using the rest of the PC on mixed in with body products. I was finding after awhile it sometimes stung my skin which was odd because the first half of the bottle didn't. And it wasn't all the time. Weird huh? Anyway, back with NCN only now and my skin is happy happy again. I don't plan on straying again unless something AHmazing comes out and has all the ingredients in it I am looking for and it would have to be cheaper than NCNs or else what is the point? I still can't believe I found a C that works nicely for my skin without irritation. I even got my mom hooked on it and a few of my girlfriends. Wink

I hope Maren and Myshell love it but if not, there are plenty more brands out there to try!

Trusted Contributor

Nothing from QVC, but I did shop Meow Cosmetics yearly Founders Day Sale.

I got $40 worth of products for $30 and also FREE shipping. My order was for 4 eye shadows and 1 blush.

I had already sampled the shades, loved them, and was waiting for this SALE that occurs every August to buy the full sizes at 25% off.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

Nothing from QVC, but I did shop Meow Cosmetics yearly Founders Day Sale.

I got $40 worth of products for $30 and also FREE shipping. My order was for 4 eye shadows and 1 blush.

I had already sampled the shades, loved them, and was waiting for this SALE that occurs every August to buy the full sizes at 25% off.

I went on that site to look at their lavender shadows but it is a frustrating site because you can't click on the colors to see them larger and you can't read the names! Is there a place to see the colors up close and see the names clearly? I was specifically looking at the Modern eyes colors.

Respected Contributor

On 8/17/2014 myshell624 said:

Bella do you use it once or twice a day?

I typically use it a.m. only since I use NCN copper in the evening. Anxious to know what you think of it. Hope you love as much as me, HappyDaze, and SuzyQ3.
Trusted Contributor

On 8/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

Nothing from QVC, but I did shop <em>Meow Cosmetics</em> yearly Founders Day Sale.

I went on that site to look at their lavender shadows but it is a frustrating site because you can't click on the colors to see them larger and you can't read the names! Is there a place to see the colors up close and see the names clearly? I was specifically looking at the Modern eyes colors.

Hi HappyDaze, I agree it can be a frustrating site. There is so much to see on there and some stuff can be difficult to find. But for the particular issue you mentioned, it's an easy fix. Just go back to the page you were looking at...

http://www.meowcosmetics.com/moderneyes2.htm

...and continue to scroll down on that same page. All the colors are shown up close and you can see the names easily.

Also, there are many more lavender shadows at Meow. My favorite is in the Joys of Summer collection. It is a seasonal collection so will be leaving probably next month. Check out Lazy Days ...

http://www.meowcosmetics.com/joysofsummer.htm

...remember to again continue to scroll farther down the page.

Sample baggies are $1.00. Full size are either 5g or 10g (depending on the collection/category) and run from $7 to $11. Minimum order is $10.00. To get the 25% off and FREE Shipping on this month's Founder's Day Sale, orders must be $40.00 before discount.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Contributor

I watched and waited...and waited...and waited. It was the same items over and over an not many of them were super great pricing. I was waiting for some really great bareMinerals set or a knock your socks off philosophy set, or a Wen super value.

Trusted Contributor

Zilch for me too. I did tune in every once in awhile and had the impression they were offering more e/p and free shipping as the day progressed. That indicated to me that sales might not have been as robust as they had hoped. Can't remember now what host it was but she did mention that there were a lot of changes in her shows (relating to e/p, free ship and featured pricing) from what was originally planned.

They also added more IT Cosmetics to LR's last 3 hours that were not originally scheduled in her show - IT Celebration was one. Lisa stated that they were not originally scheduled .

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:
On 8/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

Nothing from QVC, but I did shop <em>Meow Cosmetics</em> yearly Founders Day Sale.

Hi HappyDaze, I agree it can be a frustrating site. There is so much to see on there and some stuff can be difficult to find. But for the particular issue you mentioned, it's an easy fix. Just go back to the page you were looking at...

http://www.meowcosmetics.com/moderneyes2.htm

...and continue to scroll down on that same page. All the colors are shown up close and you can see the names easily.

Also, there are many more lavender shadows at Meow. My favorite is in the Joys of Summer collection. It is a seasonal collection so will be leaving probably next month. Check out Lazy Days ...

http://www.meowcosmetics.com/joysofsummer.htm

...remember to again continue to scroll farther down the page.

Sample baggies are $1.00. Full size are either 5g or 10g (depending on the collection/category) and run from $7 to $11. Minimum order is $10.00. To get the 25% off and FREE Shipping on this month's Founder's Day Sale, orders must be $40.00 before discount.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks so much!! I will check out the ones you suggest too. I appreciate your help!

Frequent Contributor

I bought the chi rollers and It cosmetics OTO lip stain. Didn't want to go overboard since I just ordered Josie Maran and Dr. Gross TSVs a few days ago and ordering the Bare Minerals TSV tomorrow. And waiting on Wen at the end of the month...sheesh.