Regular Contributor

Re: What did everyone get from Skinn this weekend?

I could only afford one of the Creme reverse sets this time. I hadn't used the creme reverse yet, even though I've been a customer since his first year at Shop. Just came today, and I'm going to go do the peel this afternoon. So excited to see how it does! Please leave reviews everyone! Thanks beauties! :-)
Respected Contributor

Geez I am so envious of all you already rec'ving your packages! I want to do the peel too! Whenever Dimitri is on on the weekend it always takes til the following Monday to get my things up here in the PNW. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

wenfen, you are funny, 'I wish I had bought more' lol, me too! But he will be back toward the end of August. Its always fun to see what kits he/they put together for the visits. So you got the chubby lip crayons, did you get a chance to wear one yet? They sold out before I made my last of 3 orders {#emotions_dlg.blushing}. I have 2 of Laura Gellers chubby lip crayons in watermelon, I am really liking them, I bought a back up on ebay awhile ago. Enjoy your goodies!

Respected Contributor

I have to hand it to Shop - unrelated to Skinn, however I did order a wonderful Skinn TTV- The Glow & Glory kit a few months back. I didn't expect much but to my surprise I truly LOVE every single piece in this one, plus the price was outstanding. Their speed of shipping is amazing- at least in my location-- beating QVC & HSN hands down. HSN can be pretty quick though.. they're second fastest depending on the item/s. I think part of the problem with the Q is it remains in holding status so long. Once it ships it doesn't take long. So I'm speaking from the ordering process to mail box or front door.

When it comes to returns - HSN beats the others BIG-TIME in my area. They even send an email confirmation shortly after it's dropped off at UPS - the same day or following day if you drop it off later in the day. I know many of you would disagree, though HSN has always been the most hassle-free shopping with the best customer service, although they do stay true to their 30-day return policy, where I hear Q is much more lenient in that regard. In all cases if I pick up the phone to call HSN, I can get just about anything done. I've noticed Shop is gaining a lot of ground in customer-satisfaction, too.

I was appalled at how slow my last Q return was using the prepaid label. It's been weeks and just today received notification. This was using their prepaid label. It seems much faster if you don't use their shipping label. Instead buy your own postage, insurance & tracking. I have a return today and will buy shipping even if it's a bit more than their shipping label. It's worth it to me to get a much faster credit.

I know I've veered totally OT- please forgive me! Another misconception is Q doesn't include original shipping in their returns. I've read this in many reviews.. people complaining they're out return shipping both ways. NOT SO. All 3 shopping networks refund your original shipping costs.

Back to Skinn talk.. I have a new Creme Reverse which I'll open in a few days, as I'm on the last of my current CR. I also already have Dimitri's core products which are about 3/4ths full but abandoned them for other products- so I should just toss. I've used Dermappeal in the past, rotating with AHA. Now rather than physical exfoliation I've vied to go strictly with AHA & BHA. My skin has thanked me a hundred times over. As far as physical exfoliation, while I think Dermappeal is really nice as long as you go very gently on your skin (I'm prone to broken capillaries) I'd probably pick SSC's Glycolic Gommage or something similar instead- it's not as rough on the skin. Dimitri's color cosmetics are improving it seems. I'm enjoying those which came in the kit I mentioned. I do love his Reorganize Night Eye Balm.

Bottom line, as far as skincare, I do better with other brands so had no intention of buying anything this last visit- though give him an A+ for entertainment value..Wink

For those who love his stuff.. enjoy your new goodies!

Trusted Contributor

On 7/30/2014 makeup addict said:
On 7/30/2014 wenfen said:

I got both TTVs, the BOGO Yellow Chin-Ups & (1) package of (5) Glossticks.

I also got everything in today mail...Yippee!!!!

<br /> OMG the sizes of everything are humongous & they shipped in (4) separate boxes...Now I wish I had gotten more.

This might have been the cheapest opportunity for large size items & really cheap shipping.

Thank you Dimitri...the BEST bargains ever!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

What do you think of the glosssticks? Are they too sheer?

I got the lip kit with three glossticks. I like Naked; it has the most color and I think it's matte. The other two are kind of shimmery. Tender is very sheer in my opinion and a tad brownish. Petal is a lot like Naked but shimmery. Tender and Petal are good for toning down a too-bright lipstick but they do add that sparkle. For comparison, I'm very fair, very small lips with almost no color, but dark hair and eyes. I can't wear dark lipsticks and do best with light pinks/peaches but not on the white or glittery side.

ShopHQ describes Tender:

• Color of Tender is a rich plum purple color

I don't see plum or purple in it. I wouldn't call it "rich" either which to me means a lot of color. It is more metallic though if that is what you call rich. I still say it is a metallic tan color.

Regardless, the formula feels nice and I will probably re-purchase in Naked and possibly the Watermelon color which I didn't get. I also may like the red with Tender or Petal over it Smiley Wink

The fragrance or taste is very minor and maybe a little like grape juice.

KJPA