Honored Contributor

Re: What color eye pencil should I buy?

On 1/31/2015 AngelPuppy1 said:

So you think pastels are better now? I always thought maybe they would look too washed out on me since I am so pale any way. I am in a quandary about colors these days. Not enough, too much, too glitzy, not show enough, etc.

Your colors sound really pretty, MissJillie!

Thanks so much for replying!

I have watery blue eyes, blond hair, fair skin and I am all about the drama, and there is so much drama in a kohl color, that I prefer sticking to the dark colors. I smudge the eyeliner as eye shadow until it is a faint gray. Until recently I wore the soft pastels of grays, blues and greens but I had to be made up for a monologue. The makeup guy (professional theater) made me up in the dark colors and I got raves about my eyes and never looked back at soft colors since. That's just me. May not work for everyone but when it works, it works, Honey.

Super Contributor

I'm your age w/what sounds like your coloring, and a bronz-y liner or shadow always makes my eyes pop (they're actually a deep blue/gray). But I've been only using liner under my upper lashes for the past several years. Black has become too harsh, so I've switched to a "Deep Aubergene" because that's the only other shade of Trish McEvoy Gel Liner besides black and navy (and I love that stuff!). It's flattering and pretty, and not too harsh.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for these ideas!! They really sound so pretty!!! I am just dying to find my go-to pencil and eye shadow colors. I am tired of messing about and not being pleased with the results. I am at the point now where I just want to have "my" colors and my look. The things which will flatter me and make the most of what I have. Not accentuate my bad parts. Ha! Who needs that, right?

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin