Occasional Contributor

Re: What cleanser wipe for makeup removal do you use and love?

I absolutely love Wal-Mart's Equate brand!

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at Sun, Nov 26, 2017-10.18.07 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister,   I just purchased Micellar wipes for sensitive skin from Acure Organics that is offering 40% off all items.  Spend $25 for get free shpg.  I also use Target brand wipes.  With 40% off, I ended up with quite a few items.  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I am not a proponent of any of the wipes.  So many of them contain ingredients I wouldn't necessarily choose to put on my face -- even if they are promoted and described as natural, gentle and other spin terms. If you prefer to use a product for makeup removal before moving on to your regular facial wash, I strongly recommend a cleansing oil or balm wiped off with a wet washcloth. 

On my present list of favorites are: Vichy Micellar Oil; DHC Deep Cleansing Oil; Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil or Balm; The Body Shop Camomile Cleasing Butter (it's an oil balm); Elf Gel Melt Cleanser (it's a oil balm very similar to Take the Day Off). 

Honored Contributor

The SKINN facial cleansing wipes are very nice - do an excellent job, are gentle, and smell great.  Unfortunately, they're pretty pricey.  The Beekman wipes are more economical, but the cloth itself is a little thinnner.  Even so, they do a good job for me.  They're also more convenient to keep in a purse, gym bag, car, refrigerator etc.  I use them more than I do the SKINN ones.  Lately, though, I like using micellar water on a cotton round.  Depending on how much makeup I've had on during the day, I might require more than one cotton round, but for me, usually not. 

Respected Contributor

I am the OP and want to thank all of you for your replies.  You mentioned some brands that I have thought about and I will check all of the out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big SisterI've tried many but the only one that I like and use is SKINN's.  I often even cut them in half and the half does just as good of a job to remove all the residue.  It does have a slight scent but I am very sensitive to scents and no problem for me.  It even removes waterproof mascara and makeup.  Neutrogena doesn't  do much and a we papertowel does the same.  Beekman ones leave my skin feeling funny.  I can't remember all the other brands I've tried and all left a residue even after using 2.   Wow!  Someone even indicated they use Vaseline - well that would just clog my pores and make my skin feel yucky!!  

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

Please tell me what you use to remove makeup, and do you love it.

I want to buy the wipes or towelettes that are unscented and gentle for very sensitive, dry skin.

Can you recommend one?

@Big Sister

Costco sells cases of Huggies Natural Care Plus Baby Wipes.

Hypoallergenic

Extra-thick, fragrance-free wipes

Contain Aloe and Vitamin E

I use them to remove makeup and usually follow up with my Paula's Choice cleanser and a konjac sponge.  But sometimes, I confess, I just use the wipe.  Truth be told, they're multipurpose -- I even use them on the dog.

wipes

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor

IWal-Mart equate e veryday clean.  Started using when tanning to wipe off makeup. I

Frequent Contributor

Agree with you