Respected Contributor

Re: What cleanser do purchase over and over again?

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I've posted this over and over.  On my face I use warm water and a microfiber wash cloth.  That's all.

Then I follow it with Dr. Denese's firming facial pads (that's the glycolic acid).

Then I follow that with Hydroshield.  Now I've started adding around my eyes her eye serum she just started selling.

I've used these since the first day she came on QVC. 

All I know is it all works for me and my 39 year old daughter.  She looks amazing.  When she went to Denver (about 7 years ago) she stopped using Dr. Denese.  She wasn't cleaning her skin the way I taught her.

She went to her dermatologist.  The Dr told her the sun in Colorado was a killer and to do something.

She started back with Dr. Denese and on her next visit the Dr was amazed and had her write down the name of the products she was using.

It's not cheap.  But I think some of it can be substituted for other (cheaper) things.  I think always washing with microfiber clothes and warm water and the pads are most important. 

As far as a moisturizer there are probably some cheaper things (and more expensive things).  

Just make sure every morning and night you get that dead skin off.  I honestly believe that's the most important thing to do.

If you look at people's faces who have a lot (I mean a lot) of wrinkles, their skin doesn't have a glow.  I think that's ONE of the reasons they have so many wrinkles.  There are other factors too, but get that skin off.

@Annabellethecat66  I have DrD facial pads and have used them for years but recently stopped them since my skin seemed to start getting more sensitive and I think it was from using just to much on my skin so I have pared down.  What cloths are you using? I wear Bare Minerals and blush on my face during the day will the warm water and cloths really clean all the makeup off?

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use an oil cleanser. It's great for removing everything from eye makeup to sunscreen and everything in between. Leaves my skin clean, not stripped. And no it doesn't leave an oil slick on my face...it rinses off completely. Top-rated Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing oil...awesome stuff!

I will have to check it out, thank you!!! @SilleeMee  I have tried the DHC but when I would go over my face with a toner there was still a lot of makeup and what not left on my skin (and I only use BareMinerals power foundation and blush)

@SandGirl 

I use a Popsonic cleansing device (Spade)  when I wash my face with that cleanser.

@SilleeMee  I just got mine for xmas so I'm still learning how to use it...

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Philosophy's  purity made simple for years.

Used since 2000.  Makeup optional skin.  😊

@GCR18  I haven't tried this for about 20 years but back then my skin was still having breakouts... and it seemed to make it worse, I'll have to give it another try.

Trusted Contributor

Purity Made Simple by Philosophy.
Respected Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
Purity Made Simple by Philosophy.

I haven't used this in years, might have to buy a small bottle and give it a try.

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl, I would definitely recommend giving it a try! I have skin that is prone to breakouts and I've had very good luck using this product! It doesn't dry out your skin either, in my experience.😀
Trusted Contributor

I stockpiled Selma Hyak's Nuance AM/PM cleanser before CVS stopped carrying it & she stopped making the line...now very few on e-bay to be found..and over priced....loved it

on my last tube...

Great suggestions here, going to try a few

Valued Contributor

Yes!!!  I second the Palmer's Cleasing Oil.  I jumped for joy when Target started carrying it again.  It is perfect.

Respected Contributor

Purity....I purchased a JUMBO size that also came with a 8oz. size a few yrs ago and I still have a ton more to use up! LOL but it is gentle and does the job.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Purity Made Simple at Night time to remove my makeup followed by a Microfiber towel. 

I have been using Purity Made Simple for 10 years.